Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Can't remember zone I died in

I died on one of my characters, and logged out and didn't log back into the server for a week or two. I forgot where I died now. I've tried both zones that I know of where I was leveling. I was wondering if there is a way to find out which zone I died in? I really can't afford to lose this corpse. I don't have a high level main, and this corpse IS my main, with gear that I could never even begin to replace, since part of it was given to me.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Your corpse has probably rotted by now. You need to put in a petition. On a side note, you really should not have abandoned your corpse. This is a classic version of EQ and corpse runs are part of the game.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was under the impression thwt the corpse timer doesn't tick unless you're logged into the server with the same account the corpse exists on. Being that I wasn't on the server at all, I assumed it was safe. It simply got bored with the game for a week or 2. Had I known the timer would still tick, I would never have stayed away that long.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:16 AM
Banned

Usually you could get a rotted corpse restored, but I am unsure if the staff still provides that level of customer service now that Moregan is gone.

Make a petition and I wish you the best of luck! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2015, 03:30 AM
Former Guide

So here's a lesson to all readers:

If your corpse decays log in and do a /petition - I or another guide will read it and take care of it.

Eumora your decayed body is at the zone-in in Mistmoore as is your character. Log in within a week to enjoy some more P99.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:43 AM
Fire Giant

Now that's service!!! This server rocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2015, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

pras
Old 11-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Damn that's awesome! I definitely didn't expect that! See, I'm used to the live server, and maybe the rules were different for classic since I was a serious noob back then, but by pop, I know that if you logged out of the server and didn't log back in(with the same account at least) the corpse timer was frozen until the account tied to the character was logged into the server again. Since I never logged into p99 even once during my absence, I was under the impression that my corpse would be fine. I wish I had known that wasn't the case here. I'll be far more careful next time. Thanks again. You've saved me one HELL of a headache.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Banned

You guys are awesome!!
Closed Thread