Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Finally people like my idea of first 6 random ;D

after half a year
Old 05-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Large Rat

maybe just afk check on the first 3. You can list and not even be online or there. get a notification when you are number 4. When you are 1 - 3 you need to be at camp and do afk checks.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe just afk check on the first 3. You can list and not even be online or there. get a notification when you are number 4. When you are 1 - 3 you need to be at camp and do afk checks.
The pace at which this world, game, thread crumbles and dies seems to be accelerating.

I am going to be upfront here. List is bad. It's bad for the players. It's bad for the community.

At some point you just need to log off or go do something else. /list encourages and enables the opposite.

Killl stealing is a a better solution. This way terrible niave addicts cannot hide behind /lists. Just let them show their true colors and let the server community sort em all out.

Also.
Try red.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Permanent lockout (no reseting with sever reset either)
-Randomly awarded to top 6-12
people will just rotate chars, PL them in background if they need to. Random award to top 6-12 is the same problem, everybody has to wait and then #1 is mad that #12 gets it first. Imagine the forum rage. Could make these items LORE NODROP, but that is not even slightly classic.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo kill fungus king? hmmmm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, because it's totally possible to solo clear King [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Orc

I actually did /list for the guise, and it wasn't a bad experience at all. I made some server friends and connected with old friends from blue I hadn't seen in a while. now granted I did /list when I was stuck at home and it had the benefit of my wife not murdering me because I wasn't bothering her for a day and a half. Overall I actually found it to be a great solution. Even the manastone with guilds sharing a camp toon, It really supports the community theme Everquest has. There are a ton of items and content that cannot be obtained solo in EQ, its the nature of the game. Can't sock for 3 days for a manastone? join a guild that has a shared character to camp it. To me it's no different than raid gear except you aren't going to be screwed by RNG and never get that class breastplate.

Edit-Edit-I do support the whole 1 drop per toon idea though, socking a bunch of stones away for the future really is not good for the overall server economy
Last edited by Haldour; 05-04-2020 at 06:22 AM..
Old 05-04-2020, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

@haldour - you are obviously a noob here, so I'd like to give you a friendly warning about being reasonable on the forums. This is the Internet, man. We all need to do our part to take extreme hysterical positions on as many things as possible...otherwise the world might start to return to a non-hysterical outlook and THERE WOULD BE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT EXCEPT REGULAR STUFF. And my god, man, the media would have nothing to report! Do you want restless herds of desperate media schnooks wandering around on the streets and pestering people? Of course not.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

The list should have been cumulative time at a camp dictating your place (like I suggested!) ... which means you could put in a few hours here or there till you rose up the list high enough to finally get it.

This would have been the most fair way of handling things (and not created silly situations where you HAD TO have people tag teaming in with you to camp it for 80+ hours STRAIGHT).

Instead you could have camped whatever you wanted over a month or two.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list should have been cumulative time at a camp dictating your place (like I suggested!) ... which means you could put in a few hours here or there till you rose up the list high enough to finally get it.

This would have been the most fair way of handling things (and not created silly situations where you HAD TO have people tag teaming in with you to camp it for 80+ hours STRAIGHT).

Instead you could have camped whatever you wanted over a month or two.
You realize that the neckbeards would always have 10x more accrued time than you anyway, on each of their alts? And you'd get zero shot at the item this way.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that the neckbeards would always have 10x more accrued time than you anyway, on each of their alts? And you'd get zero shot at the item this way.
That. And how would it work, anyway? So if I 'visit' manastone camp occasionally and build up to 40 hours, say, and that's the highest for people who are trying to get it. However, I'm not at the camp when the next stone drops, what happens? Do I somehow get the stone? If you say well, you have to actually be holding the camp to get your stone, then we're right back to where we were: either standard /list or lots of camp stealing. And, how would time accrue? Do I have to be actively holding down the camp to get hours? Can I just sort of be nearby? If so, how far? You probably mean that you would accrue it for just sitting at the list, but the same kind of problem exists - it puts people in the position of getting a stone they didn't kill for and screwing the guy who actually did kill for it because you had more 'list time'. In fact, you could do nothing but sit in list and get the stone eventually, no actual fight required. It's really kind of an unworkable idea.

There is no way to fix this by tweaking the ruleset. It is literally impossible. Making the all of the items LORE NODROP would sort of work to cut down on the /list account sharing problems, but at the expense of really murdering the classic utility of the item. At that point, we should just remove the items altogether and be done with it.
Last edited by fadetree; 05-04-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Closed Thread