Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, just a reminder, your idea (and every "original amazing this will fix the list" idea) has been played out and refuted in other threads.

Try the search function on the forum to save yourself some time and save us space on the front page.
Thank you for your input, but it seems that most people agree with my proposition.

It also seems that most people find you obnoxious, but I digress.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

There is no way to fix the list system. Random award to the top 6?

Top 6 what? List members? Then it's still the same, you wait for 40 hours, then get 'admitted' to the exp group (who controls THAT?) and then you get screwed by RNG and still people sharing accounts fill up the list. If you don't have to be in the exp group, then you're saying that I would get an item just for breathing and wouldn't actually have to kill the mob? How would I get it? Get it magically transferred to me?

Could the /list system be made slightly better? Maybe, but I haven't heard how yet. Can it be 'fixed' so it's 'fair' and people can't scam it? No.

I appreciate the idea, its worth thinking about, but ultimately it doesn't work. Nothing does, unless you wrap so many rules around it that it changes the whole game.
Last edited by fadetree; 05-04-2020 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then get 'admitted' to the exp group (who controls THAT?)
Have you done any /list camps? It usually works out pretty well. The exp group forms itself and people get exp. The two times I camped Jboots, people were also friendly and helpful to the noobs who were actually exp'ing off the mobs and buffed them and whatnot.

Quote:
get screwed by RNG
This is gambler's fallacy. You'll get screwed by RNG as much as you'll get lucky and in the long run it will balance itself out.

Quote:
and still people sharing accounts fill up the list
Who cares if you're in top 6? Let them fill the list all they want.

Quote:
ultimately it doesn't work. Nothing does.
Having a rough day? Look, plenty of filthy casuals with actual kids, lives and hobbies (other than EQ) got their noob-ass toons guised and jbooted. This can't be all that bad, can it?
Old 05-04-2020, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since when sharing accounts is illegal or even wrong?
It’s not against the rules but it should be. It creates problems with account security and it is essentially an unfair advantage. If you want your friend to help you, he can do so on HIS character.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is gambler's fallacy. You'll get screwed by RNG as much as you'll get lucky and in the long run it will balance itself out.
It will balance itself out? Over what, the 50 or so times you do a /list camp?
Old 05-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will balance itself out? Over what, the 50 or so times you do a /list camp?
Well, if there's enough /list camps in the game, you will have the opportunity to do a bunch of them.
Closed Thread