Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misunderstand my point. I was saying that it probably would have the most noticeable effect on a melee, and thus the signal in the parse would be greater.

This thread is starting to get offtrack. If anyone tries the parsing, good luck and let me know if you need any help.
not sure but both servers are probably running custom code from the first pvp box which did have a ton of custom code lol

don't think p99 was ever stock emu
Old 05-13-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure but both servers are probably running custom code from the first pvp box which did have a ton of custom code lol

don't think p99 was ever stock emu
I have no idea what you're talking about by saying 'from the first pvp box'.

If you are implying that the codebase in P99 is so different that you could possibly be right about some of the stuff you're saying, I don't think so. You can't make large structural changes to core algorithms and not expect it to affect everything else in the game. Did they tweak the AC code? Yeah, probably. Did they decide to fundamentally change the way the algorithm works? Nah. Of course, anything is possible, but it means you can't support your 'agi does not affect avoidance' statement either.

If I recall, they did start with stockemu but wound up doing some serious changes...but mostly around the client interaction and the data content. I'll let someone else chime in who knows more than I do.

In case anyone is interested, here's some good information about how EQ treats AC calculations. Sure, it's from way later than we are, but it shows the roots of where we probably are now. It's also one of many, many resources that explicitly state that AGI affects avoidance only.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Armor_Class
Old 05-13-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea what you're talking about by saying 'from the first pvp box'.

If you are implying that the codebase in P99 is so different that you could possibly be right about some of the stuff you're saying, I don't think so. You can't make large structural changes to core algorithms and not expect it to affect everything else in the game. Did they tweak the AC code? Yeah, probably. Did they decide to fundamentally change the way the algorithm works? Nah. Of course, anything is possible, but it means you can't support your 'agi does not affect avoidance' statement either.

If I recall, they did start with stockemu but wound up doing some serious changes...but mostly around the client interaction and the data content. I'll let someone else chime in who knows more than I do.

In case anyone is interested, here's some good information about how EQ treats AC calculations. Sure, it's from way later than we are, but it shows the roots of where we probably are now. It's also one of many, many resources that explicitly state that AGI affects avoidance only.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Armor_Class
its pretty clear u dont like nor respect me but i've been around here forever and u can disagree with me if u want... but like devnull or somebody made some servers back in they day and they are all friends with the project leeds and this project goes way back to 2020, so unless u are someones forum alt and u can come out and prove that its not some wonky custom code, go for it

my memory is awful but i'm usualy right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
low skill cap on dodge, riposte, parry, RIP

may as well not even bother training that 75 dodge on a caster, but lol it has saved me on rare occasion i have seen myself dodge during a gate or somethin

das EQ...

I too think they should have made it better, but tbh, the strength of this game comes from the group interplay not the gear we can farm, except maybe on live at high lvl, i am bout to test that out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would be curious to see what equiping a 2hander or a real beeeefy shield would prase in those situations on a ranger, bet it would be a lot better, i don't see why rangers cant hold agry while wielding either sword and board or 2h

--------

anyway thx for sharing your story, that is what i would expect! also
Seeing as mitigation wasn’t the problem I doubt adding a shield would fix anything, unless you think that would improve dodge/parry/riposte chances or add to base avoidance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounding like a conspiracy theorist here. Like they are going to take the time to code an entirely different set of equations for pets attacking players ? Seems legit.
Pets have different ac, avoidance, accuracy, attack, damage tables, damage base to xp mobs. What might be sufficient ac or avoidance for a pet might not be for an npc... and don’t forget NPCs aren’t all the same either.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Shields improve mitigation a lot more than anything else. That is all u can do rly. And pray to Brad.

*chomps imaginary #s*
Old 05-13-2020, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Speaking anecdotally, my Shaman Wolf seems to be noticably tankier when I buffs his AGI vs when I don't.

For what (very) little that info is worth!
Closed Thread