Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 12:14 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Domo;3129169]I am not talking about the media. I am talking about the fact that Trump is visting his own hotels and make taxpayers pay for it. Hes making extra millions for himself with taxpayer money. Isnt this illegal in your country? Why dont he vist other hotels which dont belong to him?

I am unfamiliar with what you speak. You would think that something like this would have been the first thing people used to attack him, because there were trying to fry that guy, if so. If you know about it and its true that means people in more important positions than you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also his tax cuts for the rich. its hard to believe for me that giving the super rich more money is the solution for americas problem while there are millions of people in america working below the minimum wage.
mess with the money, end up dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also isnt it strange to you that Trump is always saying "america first" but his daughter is buying cheap cloths in china and selling them in america? Arnt even lot of the MAGA hats made in china?
Most everything is made in China. The USA stripped its manufacturing base to send it to asia. That is something most working class regret as "Made in the USA" used to mean something. Retail took over, customer service roles.

But to answer your question directly, Yes that does seem hypocritical, at least on the surface. He might be trying to point people to the fact that America isn't first in America. It's been something of a political taboo to suggest it.

"I don't want grease on my hands"

Quote:
I dont hate Trump or his supporters, I just never seen so many people voting against their own Interests, thats why its hard for me to understand.
It's complicated.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok you got me. I admit I will have to look that up. I read an argument about that awhile back and something about him disbanding one group and rolling them into another.

He did try to limit the exposure but was called a xenophobe for doing it.

There is always a back and forth push and it just depends on which team is calling the shots.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok you got me. I admit I will have to look that up. I read an argument about that awhile back and something about him disbanding one group and rolling them into another.

He did try to limit the exposure but was called a xenophobe for doing it.

There is always a back and forth push and it just depends on which team is calling the shots.
It's all a bunch of bullshit. He combined some highly related groups into a single one. Of course, many of the managerial types would have to find different jobs. You could equally look at it as "trump tripled both the funding and staff for the task force responsible for pandemic responses".

The rest is filled with more dipshittery, like this dumb ass "playbook" that Obama didn't follow, even though it was his own taskforce who produced it.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Trump's an ass. But he's been a pretty good president, actually got some shit done. I would rather put up with his personality and see stuff getting done than feel happy about an urbane, polite, Mr. Feel good president who does nothing but pontificate. This aint Disney-- just because an he is an unpleasant guy with ridiculous hair doesn't actually mean he's evil or stupid.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So there is this guild, sacred flame, and if you don't love trump, you won't love them.

https://imgur.com/XcE3L1T
Snowflake Alert
Old 05-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Kobold

Trump has re election in the bag, EZ win. Cant wait for all them liberal tear videos on youtube like the ones in 2016, they are so entertaining to watch
Old 05-14-2020, 01:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump's an ass. But he's been a pretty good president, actually got some shit done. I would rather put up with his personality and see stuff getting done than feel happy about an urbane, polite, Mr. Feel good president who does nothing but pontificate. This aint Disney-- just because an he is an unpleasant guy with ridiculous hair doesn't actually mean he's evil or stupid.
What has he gotten done though?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I am not talking about the media. I am talking about the fact that Trump is visting his own hotels and make taxpayers pay for it. Hes making extra millions for himself with taxpayer money. Isnt this illegal in your country? Why dont he vist other hotels which dont belong to him?
He has to stay somewhere. Motel 6 and Super 8 while reasonable just don't cut it with the secret service. Here's a little tidbit about presidential hotels (fyi, none of them are cheap) https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...yed/338707002/

Quote:
Also his tax cuts for the rich. its hard to believe for me that giving the super rich more money is the solution for americas problem while there are millions of people in america working below the minimum wage.
While some people should get paid more for what they do a significant number of minimum (or near minimum) wage workers are simply getting paid according to basic economic principles. My wife has been doing programming for many years and gets paid quite well. Our daughter babysits for minimum wage and gets a tiny bit more when she's teaching parkour.

Most of the people that visit the food bank I work at are making minimum wage or near it. We're not just a food bank but more of a low income assistance program. We provide free afterschool daycare, ESL and adult education classes among other things. Most of the patrons are simply content doing menial labor. We have job listings galore that would easily double their income. Yes, even today we have skilled trade companies coming to us saying things like "We need to hire some apprentices. Apprentice salaries start at $25-$30/hr. Full time licensed trades are making more than double that."

Quote:
Also isnt it strange to you that Trump is always saying "america first" but his daughter is buying cheap cloths in china and selling them in america? Arnt even lot of the MAGA hats made in china?
I'll agree that she's a snippy hypocrite. However speaking as a dad to a very driven and opinionated girl (hence I can relate to how any dad would respond to an opinionated and driven daughter) the best I can do is tell my daughter how I feel about something. Dictating or demanding my daughter change something she's set on is more stressful than my middle aged guy special doctors exam. Even though DT is the president of our country he's still a dad to an opinionated and driven daughter.

Quote:
I dont hate Trump or his supporters, I just never seen so many people voting against their own Interests, thats why its hard for me to understand.
Something regarding American politics is there are two major echo chambers plus countless smaller echo chambers; each one of them with an agenda. As long as people stay in those echo chambers things will continue to progress in the same manner as they have been going. This has unfortunately been going on for decades. You'd think being the third most populous country in the world would force us to be accepting of thoughts that are different than our own but as long as those echo chambers exist the divide will continue to increase. MAGA supporters will continue to watch MAGA "news" sources which of course blame "snowflakes". Educated, intellectual anti-Trump people will continue to bask in their enlightened sense of self and blame all the countries problems on mouth-breathing neckbeards.

Until our "news media" either changes their tune OR the people of this country actually learn to get their information from different (and opposing) places we're doomed to be stuck in our current rut.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until our "news media" either changes their tune OR the people of this country actually learn to get their information from different (and opposing) places we're doomed to be stuck in our current rut.
This. One of the biggest fricken problems is no one is willing to accept or read or learn from the other side, no matter how factual and accurate it is. And the whole "left" "right" democrats / republican labels just make it that much more worse.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:35 PM
Banned

What ever happened to common sense? I'd vote for that party... which is why my vote would go to trump.. the democrats and their ilk just seem insane to me right now... senile napping granny politicians and overweight screaming feminists and trannies oh my!
Closed Thread