Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Large Rat

Default New player - So much fun last night

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Blue Server last night and someone that I will call "The Wind". I don't want to say their name as I don't want to ruin the role play.

I am a new player to P99 (3/2/21) and an old EQ'er from 1999 - 2004. I played on Mith Marr and only played my Gnome Rogue Jabu. I was in Stawart Blades and Primordial Fury.

On P99 I have a level 9 Barb Shaman(Skarvul) and a level 6 Halfling Druid (Gomo). I stated the Druid Saturday night to take a little break from the cold of Everfrost Peaks. When I dinged 6th level I ventured out past the great wall in Misty Thicket. (side note: I seem to recall that in the newbie area there were ruins that had undead. The are not there so maybe they come out in a later expansion or were removed in an earlier?)

So through the wall I go. I find a DE Mage killing the guards and dropping their shields. He told me to keep them and while killing I follow him. I recall he might have an issue selling so I offer my services and we end up making a deal and I made enough PP to buy my level 1 & 5 spells with some left over.

At one point I see this Goblin on the hill that cons indifferent to me and then I hear someone say to Kill the Goblin. I looked around and didn't see anyone. The Wind spoke to me! We role played for a little bit and the Mage came back and I told him what was happening. He suggested I kill him and gave me a shield buff that helped me do it and I killed him. The Wind said we cheated and when the Mage went back his pet aggro'ed a bunch of guards and he died. The Wind said it was my fault because we cheated and we sat near the corpse and talked about the burden I now had to carry until the Mage made it back.

This role play probably lasted 30-45 minutes and was so much fun. I could have cared less about leveling and this would never had happened on a normal WoW server.

I just want to say thank you to The Wind. It really made my comeback to EQ so much fun and a big thank you to all the nice people I have met on Blue.

Thank you,

Kranky
aka Gomo
aka Scarvul
Old 03-08-2021, 06:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Cool sounds like fun. I plan on starting a character on here tonight.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Very cool!! Glad to hear you’re enjoying P99
Old 03-08-2021, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the server, glad to see new players on. Keep an eye on the forums. Im gathering items for a future event where winners get prizes. Hope to see you there. Started a thread called player run event if you want to keep informed.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:24 PM
Banned

Welcome to the server! =)
Closed Thread