Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Patch Level and Meditation on Green

Hello,

I'm new to P99 and was trying to figure out how the meditation skill works on P99 Green based on its current patch level. I've inquired with several players in game and they all say that pre-35 you need to have your spellbook opened, but not the meditate button pressed in order to meditate. However, I noticed on my level 4 character that I was gaining meditation skill just by sitting down, which led me to believe that I was actively meditating just from sitting.

When I checked the meditation wiki I found the information that stated that after the August 30th 2000 patch that it removed the need to have the spellbook opened to meditate pre-level 35. Also when I checked the Green patch timeline it said the August 2000 patch was going to be deployed on 3/5/2021. I know patches get pushed back on the server at times, so I wasn't sure if this patch was implemented on March 5th or not.

Does anyone know for sure if you are still required to have the spellbook open to meditate pre-35 on P99 green?

Sources:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Meditate
August 30, 2000
Remove the /meditate command and replace it with an automatic meditate which activates when opening the spell book.
Remove the need to have the spell book open at all, for all levels rather than just 35+ characters.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline
Bullet # 17
17 3/5/2021 August 2000

Thank you to anyone that can share info on this!
Old 03-08-2021, 03:27 PM
Aviak

You will have to open the Spellbook and click meditate until level 35. At 35 you can just sit without opening your spellbook.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Large Rat

Wouldn't this be relatively easy to test? Sure you get med skill ups from sitting down but you could just watch the ticks, or even measure the time to go from empty to full using the button and not using the button.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:25 PM
Banned

I was opening the spell book and not clicking the meditate button at first, and I never got a skill up until I started clicking the button
Old 03-08-2021, 07:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeynight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't this be relatively easy to test? Sure you get med skill ups from sitting down but you could just watch the ticks, or even measure the time to go from empty to full using the button and not using the button.
I would say yes and no. Since I'm only level 5 and my meditation skill cap is so low, I really only get an additional 1 mana per tic from meditating. I have done some of my own observation on it with just sitting vs sitting with book open vs sitting with book open and meditation button pressed. In each case I get the same 5% mana back per tic. But without knowing my total mana pool and the exact amount that is being returned, with the low amount of mana regen I am currently getting from the meditation skill, it may not be enough to push it from 5% mana returned from just sitting vs 6% while meditating if in fact you do still need the book open and the meditation button pressed.

So currently.

Sitting = 5% mana returned per tick
Sitting with book opened without meditation button pressed = 5% mana returned per tick
Sitting with book opened with meditation button pressed = 5% mana returned per tick.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was opening the spell book and not clicking the meditate button at first, and I never got a skill up until I started clicking the button
That's interesting since I am getting meditation skill ups by just sitting without the book open or the button pressed. If in fact the patch did change the way meditation works on Green, it would be pretty new since according to the timeline the patch that should change it would go live on 3/5/2021, so just 3 days ago.
Last edited by badgaf; 03-08-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Old 03-08-2021, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

There was an update last weekend to release the overworld dragons on Kunark. It couldn't have happened then.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

I just tested on my necro when he dinged 4 and trained meditate. Gained skill while sitting with no book, and gained skill while sitting with book open but meditate not pressed.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Can't edit my post now, but I mean to say, "It could have happened then."
Old 03-11-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Too bad we don't get patch notes here.

If you have the Meditate skill then just sit.
Closed Thread