Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 02:49 PM
Skeleton

+1 this camp is terrible enough as it is.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ should be mostly about first to engage. Taking out what is one of the most important aspects of classic EQ (mobilizing quickly, getting help from friends, guild, etc) is not a step in the right direction, IMO.
Not sure what game you played in 1999 but that aint everquest bro
Old 02-15-2021, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what game you played in 1999 but that aint everquest bro
I believe i've read on the forums that Vessel and Verina were often left up for days/weeks on live. Such as the common experience was that when enchanters got to that part of their epic quest, the mob was generally speaking up.

Never had an enchanter on live, nor would it be high enough to sniff an epic quest if I did, so i'd love to hear anybody who had completed the quest on live tell their story.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:21 PM
Banned

how are we supposed to know if they aren't just gonna sell it
Old 02-15-2021, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

You cannot MQ any part of the ENC epic. Per the OP, only the winner of the roll can loot the item in their proposed player agreement. The only people rolling would be enchanters who need the item. This would alleviate any current campers for LR sales only. Essentially reducing the overall competition for the mob to only people who need it.

Just my 2cp on how I interpret the proposal. I think it's a great idea. It's a terrible camp and essentially only makes it achievable to people who are willing to set up GINA audio triggers to alert them that the mob has spawned. Many people aren't willing or able to do that. To be honest, that's against the spirit of the game and quest itself in my opinion.

Hope we can work towards a player agreement to provide a better "quality of life" for enchanters trying to get their epic.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:37 PM
Orc

I put forth a proposal for a fresh pvp server and we can avoid all of these shenanigans and tomfoolery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kong.jpg (9.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-15-2021, 08:16 PM
Aviak

My wife did the enchanter epic and the cleric epic on live she said the cleric epic was hard and the enchanter epic was easy
Old 02-15-2021, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehairs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wife did the enchanter epic and the cleric epic on live she said the cleric epic was hard and the enchanter epic was easy
I'm betting she did it in 2003 or later when life was very different in EQ, we are capped at circa 2001 gear, its very different and more competitive when absolutely everybody wants the same item.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:53 PM
Aviak

i dont think so we moved in 2002 and stopped playing
Old 02-15-2021, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

RAgefire had a much longer spawn time during epic release. Servers had huge wait lists for Ragefire. Servers would reset so often that windows for ragefire were always set back and require folks to muster the lower level folks to kill naggy.

P99 Ragefire was unclassically chamged to be easier after epics came out.

https://legacy.zam.com/story.html?story=1050
Closed Thread