Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Emerald Jungle apes aren't too hard to quad (you do have to avoid other mobs, but it's not bad), I think you can do them at 52, and they're almost never camped. Plus if you haven't gotten your epic yet you can get the tainted one to spawn that way.

WL is another great quading spot. 4s and 6s are often camped, but not always, and it's easy for Druids (with WL port) to check. Plus you can always pop over, do a camp check, ask the people doing them to tell you when they leave, and then go do somewhere else (like EJ) until they do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Emerald Jungle apes aren't too hard to quad (you do have to avoid other mobs, but it's not bad), I think you can do them at 52, and they're almost never camped. Plus if you haven't gotten your epic yet you can get the tainted one to spawn that way.

WL is another great quading spot. 4s and 6s are often camped, but not always, and it's easy for Druids (with WL port) to check. Plus you can always pop over, do a camp check, ask the people doing them to tell you when they leave, and then go do somewhere else (like EJ) until they do.
Hmm true. I'll need to check it out. 4s and 6s have been camped pretty bad lately, I keep checking for my bard.

I am not even close to epic, doubt I'll ever obtain one. My guild consists of a handful of RL friends. So anything that requires raising or high end grouping would need to be PUG or purchased.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

If you ever do want to go for it, I've summarized the "hard" (ie. need a guild) parts at the top of http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Epic_Quest.

Really (especially compared to other classes like Mage or Shaman) Druids have it pretty easy. You can buy a Jade Reaver, and you can probably buy a Pulsing Green Stone MQ. That just leaves Faydedar as the only encounter you'll need a raid force for.

You'll also need help, but not raid-level help, with Ulump Pujluk (a group), Corrupted seafury cyclops (need one Necro), Corrupted Seahorse (bring a Torpor Shaman or a couple of friends) and The Corrupted Brownie (bring a friend or two).

In other words if you save your plat and get your RL friends to help you, the only thing you'll really need more people for is the Faydedar raid (and even that you probably could save up enough to "rent a raid force" for).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm true. I'll need to check it out. 4s and 6s have been camped pretty bad lately, I keep checking for my bard.

I am not even close to epic, doubt I'll ever obtain one. My guild consists of a handful of RL friends. So anything that requires raising or high end grouping would need to be PUG or purchased.
Druid epic is one of the cheaper epics to purchase nowadays thanks to triggered vs and fay. The stuff you can’t solo should run you 45kish.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid epic is one of the cheaper epics to purchase nowadays thanks to triggered vs and fay. The stuff you can’t solo should run you 45kish.
Hmm tempting. If I "bought" an epic I'm not 100% it would be the druids, but it certainly is in the running give cost and relative ease compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you ever do want to go for it, I've summarized the "hard" (ie. need a guild) parts at the top of http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Epic_Quest.

Really (especially compared to other classes like Mage or Shaman) Druids have it pretty easy. You can buy a Jade Reaver, and you can probably buy a Pulsing Green Stone MQ. That just leaves Faydedar as the only encounter you'll need a raid force for.

You'll also need help, but not raid-level help, with Ulump Pujluk (a group), Corrupted seafury cyclops (need one Necro), Corrupted Seahorse (bring a Torpor Shaman or a couple of friends) and The Corrupted Brownie (bring a friend or two).

In other words if you save your plat and get your RL friends to help you, the only thing you'll really need more people for is the Faydedar raid (and even that you probably could save up enough to "rent a raid force" for).
I was under the impression shaman was one of the easiest? I appreciate the consolidated right up, your guides are always very helpful. Thanks mate.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add in my 2 cents [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My Druid Epic cost 42k total.

For Corrupted Brownie I had a 60 Enchanter help out and for Ulump Pujluk I had the 60 Enchanter team up with a 55 Cleric to help out. Now I don't necessarily suggest ENC/CLR to duo Ulump... I think we just got lucky with no charm break during the fight, but... we were crazy enough to try it and it worked lol

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 08-21-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add in my 2 cents [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My Druid Epic cost 42k total.

For Corrupted Brownie I had a 60 Enchanter help out and for Ulump Pujluk I had the 60 Enchanter team up with a 55 Cleric to help out. Now I don't necessarily suggest ENC/CLR to duo Ulump... I think we just got lucky with no charm break during the fight, but... we were crazy enough to try it and it worked lol
I've heard people claim it's doable with just a good level 60 Enchanter (and the Druid). YMMV.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I've heard people claim it's doable with just a good level 60 Enchanter (and the Druid). YMMV.
Charming the guards to kill ulump is sketchy. They are level 50 and can break a lot. A druid can prob kill it with a good war and 1 good dps. . That thing barely moves the health on a disc’d war Better off just getting a tank to be safe. Plate tank/cleric/and chanter charming grik trio is my preference.

I duod him once on my cleric with a mage epic pet. Fight was insane, was basically spamming cheals and mod rods the whole time. When ulump started to flee, the lack of dps from damage shield took like 5-10 min for the epic pet to kill him. Was barely breaking regen.
Last edited by Crede; 08-21-2019 at 06:00 PM..
Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Charming/Quadding>Rotting

Rotting gets a bad rap, mostly because its so slow and mana inefficient if you're having to cast your DoTs. ESV+Epic on multiple, low Hp mobs isn't bad Exp at all, its just outclassed by quadding (Something like 8-9 damage per mana, which is great) and charming (~500 mana to kill two mobs). It shines when you want to just DoT up a few mobs and sit back. BB dock and hut guards, named giants in FM, and goos in WL are some not bad rotting spots 52+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG
I got a wry hair and decided to do my epic at 52, it only took about 2 weeks of semi-casual play to go from nothing but a frozen tundra root to leafblower. You can PUG Uulump with Cleric+Ench+Tank to make it cake (use Grik in SoNH for charmed pet). Triggered Faydedar only takes a 60 tank+cleric+Dps+Sham/Ench, you'll just need patience to PUG him when friends aren't raiding. VS takes quite a bit of coordination compared to the rest, so if you don't raid just be ready for the (potentially painful to raise outside of DaP) 20k MQ.

If you have friends but no raiding guild, aren't shy about asking politely for help, and have a means to raise money, you can get your druid epic for ~35k.
Last edited by Crawdad; 08-22-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Old 08-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Charming the guards to kill ulump is sketchy. They are level 50 and can break a lot.
Oh yeah, I never said it wasn't a sketchy idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was shocked when it worked. I believe the Enchanter used Crusador Savot. I think we got super lucky he didn't break at all during the fight.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Closed Thread