Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic under PnP no one could hold a camp and simultaneously exclude others. If a level 50 were camping frenzy and a group of 6 showed up, they would make the level 50 and the group of 6 alternate spawns, or /random for the mobs. Point was, if you wanted to camp it you could, they would make the person share with you.

Source: was a guide on Mith Marr in 2000/2001.
There were no rules of any kind like this on classic, everything was enforced randomly and no posted rules were anyplace.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were no rules of any kind like this on classic, everything was enforced randomly and no posted rules were anyplace.
Er that’s definitely not true. Within a few months of launch the PnP was in place. Was part of CSR at the time and I remember it.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is absolutely true, if i cant play 8 hours a day of EQ. I won't play. Because I know im not going to get what i want out of this game. Everquest is a sockers game, anything less is just. You arn't going to get what you want out of it.
Gross.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~60 per zone is classic af.

deal with it.
Yes but they were grouped. 30 of them being 50 and holding exp camps solo is not classic. It's not in the spirit with classic recreation either.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is absolutely true, if i cant play 8 hours a day of EQ. I won't play. Because I know im not going to get what i want out of this game. Everquest is a sockers game, anything less is just. You arn't going to get what you want out of it.
Seek help, seek employment, etc etc
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seek help, seek employment, etc etc
For real, what the fuck...….
Old 05-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes but they were grouped. 30 of them being 50 and holding exp camps solo is not classic. It's not in the spirit with classic recreation either.
What do you mean? Pre-Kunark in Guk for example the valuable spawns were always perma camped quite often by higher level soloers. Now, I will say that didn’t start happening quite as quickly as it did on Green, but we’re past that period of time and into the part of the timeline where it was definitely happening on many servers on classic. There were constant complaints and petitions about it.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean? Pre-Kunark in Guk for example the valuable spawns were always perma camped quite often by higher level soloers. Now, I will say that didn’t start happening quite as quickly as it did on Green, but we’re past that period of time and into the part of the timeline where it was definitely happening on many servers on classic. There were constant complaints and petitions about it.
Not on my server. And if this was an issue on a server they spun up new servers to reduce the congestion. Spinning up new servers due to congestion is classic AND precedent has already been set in classic and in P99 for spinning up another server to deal with congestion.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Coming in here after reading quite a bit. I do agree with both sides.
Side 1 - if you play enough you will eventually get the gear you need (not necessarily the camp)
I have almost 3 level 50s and they are severely under geared as I tend to not buy gear for sake of playing the game. I have been out for the last 3 weekends trying to find that dick Bilge... which isn’t usually camped. So there are those certain camps that are not consta-camped. And if you have the time as a solo player (I think someone mentioned 12 hours a day) you're sure to get in a group for at least an hour of that 12.
Side 2 - Every zone with any gear is camped. and 50s are camping the gear solo.
Yes. that is happening. Why? because 50s cant get into a group when the named is level appropriate because its perma-camped and they suddenly see that they can get in on their own not needing a group. Why not? So the issue built itself.

However, I feel that with everyone now staying home and the world forced to live in a different reality to survive... not being able to get a group with friends or being forced to sit and wait for a group for 11 hours... just to get 1 upgrade you’ve needed for 6 months, doesn’t seem like the spirit of the game is still intact. Sure I have 1 twink that is probably better geared than my 50s because I bought it all. That toon has played a total of 2 hours.

So, I agree with the person that started this post. It’s one thing to have to wait your turn for other dicks like Stormfeather. But hours upon hours of hoping you find a roamer that’s not affiliated with a camp (god forbid) in hopes to get a good spot, could be helped (not rectified, but helped) with unmerging the servers... at least for a short time.
Remember, it’s a game not a job. If people aren’t having fun….
Old 05-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not on my server. And if this was an issue on a server they spun up new servers to reduce the congestion. Spinning up new servers due to congestion is classic AND precedent has already been set in classic and in P99 for spinning up another server to deal with congestion.
When they spun off new servers pre-Kunark it was when those servers were well over 2k population. So this whole argument is basically moot since we aren’t even close to that.

As for the precedent on P99, Teal was created as a temporary measure to help with having 300+ people in all the newbie zones. Highly doubt they’re going to create another server just because you don’t like having to wait in line for a popular camp so that you can farm some loot or plat. Sounds like the TLPs may be the best choice for you since you essentially want pick zones or instances.
Closed Thread