Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you really have to use that word?
Petition them in the petitions forum. Maybe they'll get banned or suspended
Old 05-20-2020, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stupid would be preferable?
Actually yeah. Calling someone stupid isn't saying "you're the same as a person with a mental disability, and it's bad to be a person with a mental disability" ... because there are plenty of non-disabled stupid people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thus, "stupid" is preferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that said you are policing my speech over an arbitrary perceived not even implied slight
You can look at it like "the thought police are coming to take my words away!" ... or you can look at it like "some people have mental disabilities; do I really need to risk making one of those people's life worse, if they hear/read me using that word?"

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-20-2020 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really think to make those distinctions because I don't think in exclusionary terms. So on the surface to someone with low linguistic and emotional intelligence and poor reading comprehension with an over active imagination and a racist baseline personality.. Yeah I could see how a low effort intellectually neglected plebe may possibly be really offended enough to want to censor me and wish me isolation and bodily harm.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't really think to make those distinctions because I don't think in exclusionary terms. So on the surface to someone with low linguistic and emotional intelligence and poor reading comprehension with an over active imagination and a racist baseline personality.. Yeah I could see how a low effort intellectually neglected plebe may possibly be really offended enough to want to censor me and wish me isolation and bodily harm.
Right, but again it's not about what distinctions you do or don't make: it's about the person hearing/reading the word.

You might not give a crap about the N-word, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt and offend others when you use it, so you avoid saying it not because of any "distinctions" of the word in your head, but for others' benefit.

You can absolutely choose not to do so, and risk offending or hurting a mentally disabled person. My question is, when our language has so many other words that also mean stupid, why pick that particular one, when it's the only one especially hurtful to people ... people who already have a challenging enough life as it is?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but again it's not about what distinctions you do or don't make: it's about the person hearing/reading the word.

You might not give a crap about the N-word, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt and offend others when you use it, so you avoid saying it not because of any "distinctions" of the word in your head, but for others' benefit.

You can absolutely choose not to do so, and risk offending or hurting a mentally disabled person. My question is, when our language has so many other words that also mean stupid, why pick that particular one, when it's the only one especially hurtful to people ... people who already have a challenging enough life as it is?
On a basic level probably because I have personally heard the word a lot. A lot of people like to attack my intellect, and empathy. But, like, I just got bigger problems than obsessing over vocabulary on a regular basis.

You all have very valid points and I said in the past I would consider them in future communications.

Consider this a failure on my part and that, I think I, like possibly feel, like I understood.

But like, guys, let's just be honest. I am not super nice, kind, thoughtful, safe, or like emotionally consistent and disciplined.

It is going to take a considerable effort on my part to use kinder, gentler, more ladylike and enlightened, less divisive, and more harmonious vocabulary.

It's actually important to me. I have to be seriously honest with you all I have much more pressing and seriously very important life and death concerns to devote my limited and psychotic attention to.

So God bless. And know that I am a little sorry and that is why I am establishing a discourse with some pretty solid rational and excuses for future slip ups.

🤗
Old 05-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On a basic level probably because I have personally heard the word a lot. A lot of people like to attack my intellect, and empathy. But, like, I just got bigger problems than obsessing over vocabulary on a regular basis.

You all have very valid points and I said in the past I would consider them in future communications.

Consider this a failure on my part and that, I think I, like possibly feel, like I understood.

But like, guys, let's just be honest. I am not super nice, kind, thoughtful, safe, or like emotionally consistent and disciplined.

It is going to take a considerable effort on my part to use kinder, gentler, more ladylike and enlightened, less divisive, and more harmonious vocabulary.

It's actually important to me. I have to be seriously honest with you all I have much more pressing and seriously very important life and death concerns to devote my limited and psychotic attention to.

So God bless. And know that I am a little sorry and that is why I am establishing a discourse with some pretty solid rational and excuses for future slip ups.

🤗
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 05-21-2020, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Retard is like the F* and N** words. You only get to use them if you are one.

*Fan
*Nerd
Old 05-21-2020, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retard is like the F* and N** words. You only get to use them if you are one.

*Fan
*Nerd
Then why did you just use them?

Morlock is my new word. Because they are so highly evolved.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Are those the troglodytes that rise up to eat the rich?
Old 05-21-2020, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are those the troglodytes that rise up to eat the rich?
I wouldn't dare describe the Eloi as rich. I suppose they are people, however. Probably.
Closed Thread