Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 01:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did this straw man come from? I can't speak for everyone in my guild, but I certainly don't like 16 hour windows and I think most, if not all, would agree with me. If you think that they benefit us over others somehow, you are mistaken. We have our low-pop hours just like anyone else. We have lives, jobs, and families just like anyone else.

Thanks for making phinny more fun than it used to be. If winning a couple phinny races is the reason you think you can compete on other targets, I hope you're right and I wish you luck. If you think helping on the inny pull on the open raid is some sort of indication of your guild's pulling prowess, I encourage you to try it on a competitive one.
I sincerely hope we all find a way to address the "16 hour problem". It's not healthy for the community long term. Blue is one thing but Green is the crowning achievement that should be protected. I've already seen too many great people leave never to return. I hope we all come together to force a change that supports our community going forward and avoids the detrimental effects the sock has on all of us.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very scared of competing with the guy who wants free pixels

literally shaking
I find it incredibly sad if you think that is what this is all about.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Kobold

make green great again
-Delekhan probably
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it incredibly sad if you think that is what this is all about.
its always about the pixels my dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

cheer up tho, these particular pixels will be irrelevant in a couple months and you'll have a brand new set of pixels to complain about
Old 08-06-2020, 01:36 PM
Aviak

You guys are pathetic, see you in game.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its always about the pixels my dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

cheer up tho, these particular pixels will be irrelevant in a couple months and you'll have a brand new set of pixels to complain about
I know it's shocking to believe that we aren't all socially stunted no-life weirdos focused on 20-year old dragon loot as our ultimate life achievement, but a lot of us really do enjoy the relationships and connections we build in-game and would just like that outcome to be held at equally high value as the need for speed-runners to get their pixel fix.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkalinesky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's shocking to believe that we aren't all socially stunted no-life weirdos focused on 20-year old dragon loot as our ultimate life achievement, but a lot of us really do enjoy the relationships and connections we build in-game and would just like that outcome to be held at equally high value as the need for speed-runners to get their pixel fix.
We all have dreams
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-06-2020, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

The UN should of been created to avoid all this mess, power actually given to players. But sadly, UN is just as bad as a shit show See what rule 100+? now. All created over BS. IMO GMs/admins should just go you know what. No rules or petitions for Raid encounters. If your part of a raid force Its your high risk high reward. You don't like other guild train them. Oh they trained you at mob X. Train them back. Welcome to true Classic.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has always how it’s been. Enjoy a rant from 5 years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...aiding_on_p99/
Quote:
*Git Guud, Work Harder, Earn It, Croot & Contest

The current raid scene is 16 hour windows, staring at someone screen sharing a face tracker, standing at the zoneline with 40 other people, hoping to win a race up to a dragon/giant to get FTE (first to engage) to get a chance to kill said dragon/giant. The big two guilds work their asses off for that content. That's their choice, but not every guild runs 100 deep on a raid, or even 60 deep at 4am EST, in order to get that dragon dead 3 minutes from spawn. We can't field 20+ racers for 12 hours every single week, hell most weeks we can't field 5. This isn't because we're bad at P99 raiding, it's because it's not fun for us. I won't speak for the other casual raiding guilds, but in BDA we want to experience content, but we want to actually play the game. Watching a screenshare instead of actually bind sighting because the bard needs to have selos going as soon as the dragon pops to win the race is very very gross, but it's what is absolutely necessary if a guild wants to earn those Velious pixels. In fact, it's what is also required to earn Kunark pixels in the Peak. For a Phara Dar the other week BDA sunk in over 120 man hours of tracking, being prepped and ready to run up for FTE across 14+ hours. That is the most hours we ever sunk into a single raid target, and it was a turning point for our guild. We aren't going to do that anymore. It wasn't fun. It made people angry. It sucked the life out of people. This isn't even a variance issue. Variance is a good thing to keep people honest, otherwise we'd have 500 people waiting at the zoneline waiting for a dragon to spawn. Variance also allows for spawns to fall into the Euro hours, which is great for Euro players, it's only fair that their primetime gets a chance for a dragon spawn. The guilds that put in more effort should get more loot, they deserve it, but they shouldn't hold a monopoly over the content and that's essentially what it is. Assuming BDA won the lottery and somehow got FTE on Vulak after a repop, we would then have 1 hour to somehow learn how to kite every single dragon in north (because Vulak summons) while trying the fight for the very first time. I sat through Kunark for 5 years hoping to someday see Velious. Now the Velious is here I've been lucky enough to see Veeshan's Peak, fighting tooth and nail for every kill. How long should I wait to see Velious top end content? That's not meant to be a snarky question, think about it.
Delicious. Read well greenies, and behold your future.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

While variance is classic, things like FTE racing and zoneline restrictions are certainly not classic.