Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 10:57 PM
Aviak

He was woken on Blue in a fairly dramatic and unique way. I get the sense folks will be weary of letting it happen again...
Old 02-05-2020, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkanon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was woken on Blue in a fairly dramatic and unique way. I get the sense folks will be weary of letting it happen again...
it really wasnt that dramatic, we farmed it enough where shrouds were gonna goto alts or trazzle. shit was farmed enough. sorry you werent there.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

voted no
Old 02-06-2020, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

The tears of those whose sod's and shrouds are no longer unique enough would be worth it alone.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:52 AM
Aviak

Voted yes, but only if the sleeper script is disabled and the warders spawn every week just like every other dragon. -Maybe just death touch everyone in the zone when the 4th warder dies to simulate the sleeper awakening [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have the impression that the main selling point of green is for legacy pixels, and not the actual experience of playing the game. If this is true, then they will likely not reset it.

Blue is much more enjoyable these days now that most of the toxicity was siphoned to the new server. Wake them or don't, it's all okay with me. The main thing is to keep the toxic players on the new server and away from blue. If we have to sacrifice the warders (and all the other legacy loot too) to enable that, then I'm all on board.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkanon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"cry babies who didn't get warder loot." Once again missing the point. It seems like every dissenting voice I hear has an obsession with the "warder loot" as a focus. Also, this "magical" event you speak of was created with the knowledge that in mere MONTHS you would have Luclin and PoP on its heels. And the Ancients were added in short order on Live.

Here we are years and years later. Utterly outside of any intention or strategy that would have ever been implemented by anyone relative to this game. It is false-classic to the max. To keep things at the Velious ceiling (which I love, BTW) for ever, but to not reset all possible Velious encounters occasionally makes no sense in any logical world.

Thus far the only factor that anyone has given for not doing so is along the lines of "cry babies who got no Warder loot". Which misses the point and spirit of the thing altogether. Yes, more folks would get Warder loot. Perhaps strip down the loot table? Perhaps beef up the warder encounters? Or just let the encounter exist again after years and years in the only semblance of reason that I can see within the logical constraints of the project.

The point is content, raid opportunities and the full Velious experience. I would like to see the numbers, but I bet over 90% of the existing blue player base was not even around when there were Warders.

Nah man. With all due respect I think you're missing the point.

Sleeper is ICONIC! Partially because he was supposedly 'unkillable' but also because his event only happens one time. You taint and devalue the whole experience if he just gets 'reset' and to be frank it's incredibly immersion breaking.

Sure they've made unclassic changes at times, and that gives you hope this could be changed too, but sleeper being a one time event is such a classic EQ tradition it would be blasphemous to the spirit of classic EQ to change that.

Sleeper isn't supposed to be experienced by everyone. That was kinda the point.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 02-06-2020 at 07:11 AM..
Old 02-06-2020, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Basically all the nerds saying "no" are scared shitless for their precious pixels. The smell of fear is hard to hide behind the "sorry you didn't..." garbage.

Anyway, when the time comes for Green 2.0, if they merge manastones and guises back to Blue, it would make sense to also make ST farmable again. No reason to devalue some very rare items and not others. N&R are surely very well aware of that.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically all the nerds saying "no" are scared shitless for their precious pixels. The smell of fear is hard to hide behind the "sorry you didn't..." garbage.
Lol
Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, when the time comes for Green 2.0, if they merge manastones and guises back to Blue, it would make sense to also make ST farmable again. No reason to devalue some very rare items and not others. N&R are surely very well aware of that.
Sorry you don't*, have warder loot.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

#protectthetomb