Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Default To Rune or not to Rune

In what cases should I be using a Rune? Does it work like the Symbol line Cleric's get?
Old 02-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

always have a rune on yourself or you are dumb. cast rune on people that arent supposed to be taking dmg (clerics for example) if you have spare mana and peridots (or whatever reagent)
Old 02-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

I guess I am dumb. I thought I was being frugal but not wasting almost a plat every time I cast on myself.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I am dumb. I thought I was being frugal but not wasting almost a plat every time I cast on myself.
Honestly each situation is going to be different, personally I would conserve your gems rather than just defaulting to always having rune up. You should get a feel for when you need them based on camp and group composition. They aren't like a HP buff where they are useful for the duration of the buff, they absorb x dmg then poof. If you are new and have limited resources save your money. As you level up and money becomes less of an issue you may tend to have rune up more often.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:48 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
always have a rune on yourself or you are dumb. cast rune on people that arent supposed to be taking dmg (clerics for example) if you have spare mana and peridots (or whatever reagent)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eventually income will exceed reagent use, especially if you do good camps. What class are you playing anyway, I am assuming chanter.
tru posts. there are also certain raid encounters you'll want to rune everyone on like klandi, but those people should know and be asking you for them and your guild should be supplying the peridots.

being stingy with runes is not a good idea, every time not casting that rune wipes your group you lost a whole lot more time than you "saved" by being stingy w/ your dots.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Eventually income will exceed reagent use, especially if you do good camps. What class are you playing anyway, I am assuming chanter.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yes Enchanter
Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Once you get into using peridots it gets pretty expensive. Bloodstones are cheap, though, especially once you get into your 30s. Rune really helps with charm breaks especially if you are also pulling. Extra hps and the ability to basically heal yourself really makes the enchanter class even more powerful. Push your chantering to the max.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Rune self when charming solo. Rune self when CCing on planar raids. Rune self when charming with dual wielding/hasted pets in high end areas.

Beyond that, in a regular group where you aren't charming. Or a raid where you can't CC, I wouldn't bother runing self.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Get a PGT, problem solved...
Closed Thread