Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-30-2022, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mostly solo, some small groups and the occasional full group. Rogue is by far the most underpowered. They cannot solo worth a darn. And in a group, the only class I'd want less than a Rogue is a Wizard.
Lol what? Rogues are some of the best DPS in the game. You want to slog through those high HP mobs in the 50s without good DPS in your group? That sounds awesome
Old 06-30-2022, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a raiding perspective, its SK by a wide margin. They bring essentially nothing. You could replace every SK in a raid with a soulfire'd paladin and be far better off.

Single group: mage, wiz, ranger all pretty poop.
Pull team
Old 06-30-2022, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol what? Rogues are some of the best DPS in the game. You want to slog through those high HP mobs in the 50s without good DPS in your group? That sounds awesome
I didn't say that. DPS is needed. However, in a full group, Rogue could easily be replaced by Monk, Warrior, Magician, Ranger, Necromancer, Enchanter without hardly noticing a dip in DPS.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

If I already have an Ench I would much rather have a Rogue than a second ench taking up another of what may sometimes be limited mobs as a pet that we could otherwise be getting EXP from. Lol at Ranger or Necromancer.

Warrior if they are super geared sure, but even then I'd rather have a geared Rogue especially if the Rogue has epic. Monk, yeah if they are really well geared (this is assuming you don't already need a puller, we're just talking about DPS here) they can blow stuff out of the water but really don't add much value vs. a geared Rogue (especially Rogue with epic) if we're just talking solely playing a DPS role and you already have a puller.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I already have an Ench I would much rather have a Rogue than a second ench taking up another of what may sometimes be limited mobs as a pet that we could otherwise be getting EXP from. Lol at Ranger or Necromancer.

Warrior if they are super geared sure, but even then I'd rather have a geared Rogue especially if the Rogue has epic. Monk, yeah if they are really well geared (this is assuming you don't already need a puller, we're just talking about DPS here) they can blow stuff out of the water but really don't add much value vs. a geared Rogue (especially Rogue with epic) if we're just talking solely playing a DPS role and you already have a puller.
If you have a limited number of mobs, what does it matter if you have a Rogue anyhow. You contradict yourself.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue leaves a group, no one cares, any group can continue without a Rogue. Tank or healer leave group, then group often falls apart and in some cases CC leaves group, then group falls apart.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue leaves a group, no one cares, any group can continue without a Rogue. Tank or healer leave group, then group often falls apart and in some cases CC leaves group, then group falls apart.
Ok yeah no shit. Now you’re just changing the argument. As I said above were talking about dps slots in the group. Saying you’d rather have anything other than a rogue in a dps slot is just moronic lol
Old 06-30-2022, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok yeah no shit. Now you’re just changing the argument. As I said above were talking about dps slots in the group. Saying you’d rather have anything other than a rogue in a dps slot is just moronic lol
I will grant you that Rogue would be ideal for the "perfect" static group, 4th class chosen at the earliest even in that. And that's really only with amazing gear and really only level 50+ even in a static group. You've changed the argument to fit into your lens of end game, amazing gear, and not even considering pick up groups where utility is worth a lot more.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
most underpowered class in game?
Power = DPS?
Power = self-reliance / soloability?
Power = desirability for group?

People are talking past each other because they mean different things for the same word, or just go off on tangents in their brain based on w/e they are thinking about.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
in a group, the only class I'd want less than a Rogue is a Wizard.
Your understanding of the game is shitty then, unless you're doing a full pet group.

Rogues are definitely a top class for grouping, they do the highest DPS outside of using Charm (and don't need "amazing gear", as you've wrongly stated). There are pretty much only 3 things needed in the game:

1. DPS
2. Survivability
3. Abilities that reduce the amount of time it takes to complete a task in the game (which basically comes down to - Travel, breaking into a camp and/or pulling, recovering from deaths if they happen)

A group of Monk, 3 Rogues, Enchanter, and Shaman or Cleric is a pretty ideal killing machine. In general you want as much DPS as possible after meeting the minimum requirement of "survivability".