Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Hey man, what if we ripped off all these MUDs and put it in 3D like Doom."

The VisionTM! Man, we really lost another Steve Jobs there. Thank goodness Musk is still alive or life wouldn't be worth our daily soy.
“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to."― Jim Jarmusch
Old 12-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would not expect it anytime soon unless they sell the IP
During one of the Brad memorial streams the dwarf lady mentioned that they've been searching for publishers and more investors since Brad passed.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to."― Jim Jarmusch
Gaudi had a very interesting take on originality as well, look it up, its amazing.

Nice to quote Jean-Luc as well. +1 from my side to you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Orc

I haven't had a chance to watch the stream yet but I skimmed the responses of forum users and it seemed fairly positive:

Pantheon Dev Stream
Last edited by Glacios; 12-16-2019 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Link Update
Old 12-16-2019, 05:28 PM
Banned

Well, between Ennewi's appeals to the authority of Reddit comments and the even more sagacious commenters at pantheonmmo.com, how could a person with a body temperature IQ not be won over.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, between Ennewi's appeals to the authority of Reddit comments and the even more sagacious commenters at pantheonmmo.com, how could a person with a body temperature IQ not be won over.
Thats Celsius or Fahrenheit? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 12-17-2019, 05:01 PM
Banned

You'd think they'd realize the importance of proper mob reaction sounds and flinching by now at minimum. Hard to stay hopeful when something as obvious as that is overlooked.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

I watched 85-90% of that dev video, and I really wanted to like it, but it doesn't look great.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong and it ends up being fantastic. The fact that it's still in Alpha means there could be massive room for improvement but it also is sketchy because of how long the games been in development.

Hoping I'm wrong. We need a updated MMO with old school heart and spirit.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-17-2019, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched 85-90% of that dev video, and I really wanted to like it, but it doesn't look great.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong and it ends up being fantastic. The fact that it's still in Alpha means there could be massive room for improvement but it also is sketchy because of how long the games been in development.

Hoping I'm wrong. We need a updated MMO with old school heart and spirit.
And there's people trying to corrupt it talking about adding instances and a cash shop other garbage that we get in every other game. Trying to "modernize" it which really just means ruin it. Like that's the complete opposite of what Pantheon is supposed to be. And they've already added giant flat colored nameplates and debuff icons over the mobs so not looking good. Even though the world art looks amazing.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And there's people trying to corrupt it talking about adding instances and a cash shop other garbage that we get in every other game. Trying to "modernize" it which really just means ruin it. Like that's the complete opposite of what Pantheon is supposed to be. And they've already added giant flat colored nameplates and debuff icons over the mobs so not looking good. Even though the world art looks amazing.
Wow that is baaaaad, cash shops are the first sign the game will try to harvest and burn everything they can off the game for a quick profit.
[center]
Closed Thread