Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Finding it tough to locate in-era mentions of this. What I have found:

1) By 2003, merchants I think were unequivocably uncharmable:

Quote:
Stuff of level to DC is rarely marked uncharmable. It's either old world stuff when charming wasn't an issue or else specifically placed there to be DC'd. The exception to this tends to be merchants...can't charm them period[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://web.archive.org/web/200401131...p?p=835502&amp
2) This thread from April 2002 isn't too far out of era, and it's pretty explicit (also it seems maybe Iksar NPCs were immune to charm, is that true on P99?):

Quote:
Difficult to do solo:

1. Vessel: Iksar are immune charm.
2. Tangrin: He stuns and nothing that is charmable comes close to his level
3. Hate: Revenants, you need a FD puller to break the revs that actually drop anything
4. Verina Tomb: I believe others have posted that the guards are not charmable and merchants are not so there is not much left.
5. Cazel: Merchants are not charmable and this guy has an insane regen. Fully loaded with Necro and Shaman dots his hp do not drop.
6. Tangrin: Iksar are not charmable and the guards are the only thing in the zone that might be able to stand up to his punishment.
7. Shissar: You have to pull the Shissar out of the temple occupied by a bunch of HTing mobs. A Dire Charmed pet would die quickly followed a bunch of Amy Knights descending upon you

Hmm ... looking back it all seems pretty negative

So, you can pretty much solo the parts that are soloable by everyone

If you do manage to solo one of the above, let us know ... that would be quite interesting!

Regards,

--------------------

Master Zanithar TideBreaker
Phantasmist
Cazic Thule

http://web.archive.org/web/200204290...&f=17&t=000790
However as DMN says maybe this was a late-era change, such as around the time of the Kael patch message.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a frustratingly unclear one, though it's in era and I think on the balance of probabilities it means she wasn't charmable, but I guess that's open to interpretation:

Quote:
Sep 06 2000 at 7:43 AM
Adaster

Ok chanters help me out here. I have a Wood Elf Druid. I have two of the runes and the mask for the Incandesent Mask Quest. I need the third rune which you buy off the Gypsy Merchant in Qeynos. I am KOS in Qeynos. I have tried having a high level chanter charm her. Didn't work. I have tried hiding, didnt work. I have tried invis, didn't work. Anyone have a clue on how I can complete this quest. Thanks in advance.

Adaster

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...96824422811610
Old 05-27-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also it seems maybe Iksar NPCs were immune to charm, is that true on P99?
In context I take "Iksar are not charmable and the guards are the only thing in the zone that might be able to stand up to his punishment" more as "Iksar guards in Field of Bone (ie. the only ones you could charm to fight Tangrin) are not charmable".

I think he's saying "I can't charm the newbie guards to fight this mob nearby", but I'd take it as a comment on the uncharmability of those newbie guards (because all newbie guards get extra protections).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...1-2019.259201/

Almost 2020 and they are still adding NPCs to the uncharmable list.

"- Made 1,052 NPCs immune to charm. These are rare NPCs and those with very long respawn times."
Old 05-28-2020, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finding it tough to locate in-era mentions of this. What I have found:

1) By 2003, merchants I think were unequivocably uncharmable:

2) This thread from April 2002 isn't too far out of era, and it's pretty explicit (also it seems maybe Iksar NPCs were immune to charm, is that true on P99?):

However as DMN says maybe this was a late-era change, such as around the time of the Kael patch message.
Seems like the April 2002 stuff is more about NPCs specific to those zones not NPCs as a whole throughout the game
Old 10-29-2020, 01:42 PM
Project Manager

Pending update,

Merchant class npcs can no longer be charmed. If evidence is found that certain merchants should be charmable, this change can be reverted for those cases.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rejoicing would be drowned out by the Enchanter tears over Verina Tomb camp.
lol
Old 10-29-2020, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Totally off topic but did anyone else notice there's an old school Netflix banner ad on top of this page? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LET'S RENT DVDS

https://web.archive.org/web/20020429...&f=17&t=000790
Old 10-29-2020, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Somewhat related but are guild trainers supposed to be uncharmable too? i notice they all seem immune. I remember that they used to be legit targets particularly on the race war zek servers.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Good work team.
Closed Thread