Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so White & Nerdy

You know we argue with new people here on P99 forums because WoW is their only reference point. Some of them are ok. This isn't WoW though.

So that guy was probably screening you and a bit defensive so he didn't let in some loon that goes about wrecking the place.
I understand his position, I too like my fantasy to be detached from reality and not an in depth philosophical exercise, perhaps with a couple of subtle satirical elements.

But the way he went about it was all wrong. I can see how his approach drags him into all sorts of unwanted political and social arguments.

I got bad vibes so I blocked him so I can move on but hope he enjoys his safe space with likeminded individuals.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

DNDadim is surely a prominent guild leader here on p99, he has all the qualifications from what I can read.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP I think you dodged a bullet
Old 04-29-2020, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand his position, I too like my fantasy to be detached from reality and not an in depth philosophical exercise, perhaps with a couple of subtle satirical elements.

But the way he went about it was all wrong. I can see how his approach drags him into all sorts of unwanted political and social arguments.

I got bad vibes so I blocked him so I can move on but hope he enjoys his safe space with likeminded individuals.
The fact we call it safe spaces these days hehe, I guess that has always been what they are but its really fey.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:30 AM
Banned

Who would want to roleplay with SJW's? You'd think it's a given

"I'm roleplaying an ANTIFA trans orc mmmkay guys?"
Old 04-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly I feel bad for him. He has created a boogie monster and is walling people off who otherwise would be tolerable. He probably has a gay kid or something and so has to reassure him that the way he was raised in the 70s to be a closet orc is the one true path toward enlightenment.

But I doubt you will get a consistent answer from interacting with him.

The only thing you can do with these kinds of prejudices is just ignore them and prove them wrong in the end. A lot of people get sicker and more paranoid as they die and the pain in their body increases and they just can't keep up with the rest of life. So we get dementia, and what I like to consider, "Karana" or old man disease.

Now - see I want you all to understand my response is an example of how not to help these people. Everything I just said is detrimental to their welfare and would just push said person away. You can't tell them they need to check their gear. They will scream and tell you it's all fine.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Just wait tilll all the trans orcs grow up and go through this stage in their life and demand unsafe spaces where people are forced to interact with them online and you get autoadded to their group by the 'facebook connect' bot...
Old 04-29-2020, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

eh his opinion is valid, but it wouldn't protect him from someone like me joining their group either lol

sorry trippple post, rnf doesn't have edits

thx for makin me think OP

really wish that person felt safer online.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:45 AM
Banned

^

I think it has less to do with feeling safe than the realization something has changed and might not return to the thing that interests you. I never had beef with controller guys until I noticed the games were being made for them as a standard after multiplatform consolization took place. Now I have beef.

One thing doesn't continue but changes. The D&D guy is referencing new editions similar to what I do with PC..err multiplatform games.

Halp halp, I need a safe space with a blankie.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

yah that makes a lot of sense, also the younger generation who just started out with 5E and never really touched 2E wouldn't get it...
Closed Thread