Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Default Reasons to keep levelling a wizard alt (55+)

Hey guys, I have a 55 wizard. I was looking forward to hitting 57 to help guildmates cross West Karana and reach Permafrost faster. With the inclusion of Surefall ports this no longer motivates me.

I still spin out the occasional quad in old haunts for fun, but not with the intensity to accumulate enough xp to level further any time soon.

To return my wizard mojo, is there anything to look forward to at higher levels? What fun / social moments are there now 56-60?
Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Do you have friends that need evacs across Siren's Grotto? Since we can't "hack" our way across that zone like we could on live, there will always be a demand for that here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for replying Loramin, I appreciate it is a niche thread so was anticipating not getting any responses.

The SG evac is a great point! Most (all?) of my toons can safely cross themselves so i forgot about the dangers for others!

Is it worth going beyond 57?
Old 06-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for replying Loramin, I appreciate it is a niche thread so was anticipating not getting any responses.

The SG evac is a great point! Most (all?) of my toons can safely cross themselves so i forgot about the dangers for others!

Is it worth going beyond 57?
I mean, I don't have a Wizard that level, so I'd hope someone who does could come up with a more compelling answer, but based on http://wiki.project1999.com/Wizard#Level_58 ... not really?

It seems to me everything they get 58+ either lets them quad better or raid better. If neither of those are things you'd want to do with your alt, I don't see the benefit ... but again, I haven't played a Wizard that high (and my 60 Druid never quads things for fun ... but maybe 60 Wizards do?).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Be a Sorcerer and nuke for 1600. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not sure really. Depends on how much effort it takes to get those last levels.
On raids it would definitely help.

(my wizard is lvl 9)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, a masochistic part of me is excited at the prospect of finding out just exactly how bad the Flaming Sword of Xuzl is … I kinda expect it to be even worse than on live: people were hyperbolic in how terrible it is, which I guess would be used as evidence for its exact function here.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

I think that spell was supposed to summon an uncommandable pet that will last as long as it has any mobs on its hate list. From reading the spell description on the wiki it doesn't seem to do that on p99. Since you can't command it ou have to be proactive in securing additional aggro for it.Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though. I never had a high level wiz and there weren't many 58+ wizards.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that spell was supposed to summon an uncommandable pet that will last as long as it has any mobs on its hate list. From reading the spell description on the wiki it doesn't seem to do that on p99. Since you can't command it ou have to be proactive in securing additional aggro for it.Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though. I never had a high level wiz and there weren't many 58+ wizards.
Yea, I do occasionally trawl the old webs for info on these things, but never net much.

I finally found a classic ish comments page from Casters Realm on this issuePage 3 onward (pre 28 jan 2001) missing

A USE, By Ninina (5/11/2001)

This is useful, but only against high level uber mobs that resist everything you can throw at them, other wise it's very mana ineffant, but makes a nice toy. I'm sure there are other uses, I'd just thought I point one out.

POSSIBLE USE FOR DUELING, By Caedwyr (1/28/2001)

Just wondering, but will the sword interrupt a caster, if so this spell could potentially be useful for dueling wizards.

HERES EXACTLY THE PET STATUS, By Azarod kurai'jinja (1/28/2001)

Heres what ive experienced!
1- Takes 700mana to summon( No components)
2- Pet doubles for 52, and has around 150hp
3- Pet CAN NOT be buffed or healed.
4- Pet will die as SOON as current target is dead.
So overall this pet is extremly useful in duels, and very useful when kiting an important mob. It is very mana efficient since ive seen it do above 800 dmg.
But i still dont appreciate the fact that it dies after.

DISAPPOINTED, By Fistanyght_luclin 52 channeler (1/28/2001)

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in this spell! Learning that it had such low HP was one thing, but finding out that it dies/poofs after the attacked mob dies?? Now that's just rediculous for a lvl57 700 mana spell. Sheesh!

USES, By Onigami (1/28/2001)

This spell is a fancy DoT spell.
It melees like a pet for 700mana, but doesn't tank. The only HP it has, is probably to absorb damage shields.
If you are fighting something with 32k hp, and 99.9% Magic Resist, best bet is to summon & lure. Everything can die to melee. Not everything can die to nukes. =(
Lure helps a lot, but so does this spell.

ODD..., By Anon (1/28/2001)

Well seeing that others who already have this spell says the pet dies after the mob dies. Well i find it odd that here it has the max duration is 'Until you zone' like the regular pets who don't die after killing a mob. Maybe it's a glitch on the site or verant... /shrug

FACTS ?, By Blackmagic (1/28/2001)

All I have seen so far in the way of stats for the pet is 'It has very low HP' any aditional info would be appreciated.

NOT AT ALL USEFUL...MERELY A TOY, By Meself of tarew marr (1/28/2001)

This spell is only useful as a toy. It does approximatly 700 damage vs. a 52+ mob in Sebilis, making it extremely mana-inefficient.
Interestingly, though, the cleric's hammer is smart enough to move on to the next mob when one falls, whereas this one just dies when the mob it's working on dies over.

RE: HMM?, BY SKYSTORM, By Altema desu (1/28/2001)

No component, but shaman pets also don't need components. Seems like non-pet classes with pets don't need components.

HMM?, By Skystorm (1/28/2001)

Does this spell need a component? Or is it the only pet spell in the game that doesn't require one?

SCION OF THE ELVEN EMPIRE, By Lyaelan starcatcher (1/28/2001)

The major use of this is in Groups. Or Kiting. You CANNOT use this spell like a magician, so don't even try. It is a pet that can do some extra dmg, and in groups, nothing will attack it. While kiting, the mob will have attention focused on you, so pet can be attacking the monster and the monster won't turn around and attack it.

This little bit I've found strongly disagrees with what is listed on the wiki (1hp, only hits for 22)… Anyone got a 59+ wizard able to verify how if it works like CRgaming states, or as the wiki describes?
Old 06-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Kobold

You could use a reclaim energy item on that pet for evac mana or another nuke
Old 06-02-2020, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could use a reclaim energy item on that pet for evac mana or another nuke
How much mana does reclaim energy return? I thought it was a function of a pet’s hp, but on consideration of high level mages that can’t be right...
Closed Thread