Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default More Missing Hail Text in Thurgadin, other misc adjustments

Using the same Vaslin guide, been hunting down mobs one by one, will update them here, source is Vaslin's EQ compendium:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020608...compendium.htm

Missing texts:

1) Fergus Sawdust (Loc: -128, -469, 4)
His initial hail response is working but is missing his follow up responses, complete script should be as follows (replace 'Vaslin' with target name obviously):
Quote:
You say, 'hail Fergus Sawdust'

Fergus Sawdust says 'Can I help you with something? If you want anything to do with carpentry, somethin' I grew up with and was raised on, I can't help ya. Nope.

You say, 'What carpentry'

Fergus Sawdust says 'Well, good citizen Argash, that patriot to the Coldain people, pushed me out of my business by lining the pockets of the council with his money. Now the council and Argash sit pretty while I can barely feed meself. Somethin's rotten in the state o' Thurgadin.

You say, 'What is rotten'

Fergus Sawdust says 'I don't know. I've never met the Dain, never even really seen 'im. But what's goin' on ain't right and somethin' needs to be done about it. But who would stand against Brell's own chosen? Times are a changin', Vaslin .
2) Mandla Klop (Loc: -120, -442, 4)
This one from ZAM:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5963

Missing follow up response (not sure if live has additional dialogue or leads to a quest?), best I can tell best known scripts should be:
Quote:
"Hail, Manda Klolp."

"What can I do fer ya? If yer lookin' fer a handout I got nothin fer ya. Me darn husband wastes what little we make on gamblin'. What a sucker! I don't know why I married him."

Who is your husband?

Mandla Klolp says, "Yea he's out there somewheres. Oh well, what's a woman to do? I can't sit around and moan all day. I should just learn to have fun with what I have."
3) Glatigi (LOC: 6, -550, 4)
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=14649

I believe this is a non-classic NPC that should be removed (Beserker quest armor NPC). He is not listed on ZAM in mid-to-late Velious

4) Dorin Amberfeld (Loc: -50, -352, 4)
Missing his follow up response per the Vaslin guide, full response should be:
Quote:
You say, 'hail Dorin Amberfeld'

Dorin Amberfeld looks up at you with sad eyes and says, 'Hail there, Vaslin .'

You say, 'Why are you sad'

Dorin Amberfeld sighs and says, 'Oh well, the mines been overrun with nasty critters, so I'm outta work. What's a dwarf who can't mine? Like a fish outta water. Hopefully, the Dain'll send in some troops to clear 'em out. I'm not holdin' me breath though, he's got lots of other things to take care of, I guess.'
5) Alpine (Loc: -204, -37, 3)
This mob is stationary, but image here shows walking around:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scen...ina-guards.jpg

Alpine page mentions he follows Wolfmaster Finnur around (Even though not pictured with Wolfmaster, page indicates he lags behind on the patrol route of Wolfmaster Finnur):
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5848
Quote:
This dirty ****** (who followed Wolfmaster Finnur around) did not immediately attack when we pulled the Wolfmaster, instead, he walked slowly along behind where Finnur had gone, and as soon as he got around the corner to where we were killing the Wolfmaster, he attacked.
6) Loremaster Sarl (Loc: -215, -23, 3)
I need to test this further after maxing my Coldain faction (I am ally, but took some hits killing some NPCs to test if drops were present). I could not get any of his quest text to appear for Spirit of Garzicor quest. However, I was able to despawn him by saying "Black", at which point he appeared in the library. I gave him 50pp and received the Worn Coldain Tome, so I don't believe faction is an issue.

Apparently if you start the quest proper he should begin to walk to the library (stopping to buff folks along the way) and give you flavor text for the quest. Interestingly enough, he walked back towards his spawn point after being handed 50pp (which gain me experience by the way, so no mention of that on ZAM). When he got very near the above loc, he ran into a structure at loc -189, 52, 3 and he despawned. I waited a while but he never showed back up. According to ZAM, here is the trigger to start the text and his follow up flavor text:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1277
Quote:
You say, 'Can you tell me the name of a slain dragon'

Loremaster Sarl says 'The name of Dragon you say? One that was slain? Hmmm, sounds interesting. Like I said, we've had little contact with Dragons, but I vaguely recall an ancient legend about a slain dragon and one of our people meeting. Follow me to the Library and we'll talk along the way.

[Quest Writer Note: And so we start walking to the library.. he buffs everything he sees along the way... ]

Loremaster Sarl says 'There are only a few myths we've recorded havin to do with Dragons, many less legends. There's a story of an ancestor of the Dain ridin a 'Wurm' into battle against Giants. A Wurm be a lesser form of a Dragon, not able to use magic or fly, but still just as mean. There's another story, more recent, about a pair a Coldain that rampaged through the countryside along side a magical sea turtle, undoing evil and saving this and that. Heheh, more likely a drunken wive's tale.

Loremaster Sarl says 'Ye may not know this, but we didn't always make our home here in Thurgadin. Centuries ago we lived deep down in the ground, close to Brell. That was our first home after we became stranded on this chunk of ice. We lived there peacefully for a while, until the Giant kin found us. They drove us out, though we didn't leave without a fight. This statue coming up here is of a hero that sacrificed his life in that battle to bring a great cavern down on the heads of many o those giants.

Loremaster Sarl says 'I brung up our old home o Froststone because we had many books and tablets that were lost when we were forced to flee. We had a long history during our peaceful time there, much of it is lost to us now. Still, we were able to save a few slim volumes. I'm thinkin we may find yer answer in o those old recordings. We'll see.........Ahhh, here we are. Remember to keep yer voice down, it is a library ye know.

Loremaster Sarl says 'Ok, here we are. Let me see.' Sarl runs a finger along the book labels searching for a paticular volume...

Loremaster Sarl says 'Do ye know anythin about this dragon? Ye need his name right? Some o these older ones are organized in strange ways. I love me fore fathers, but they made some funny kinda rules. Do you know what color this dragon was?

You say, 'Black'

Loremaster Sarl says 'Excellent, I know what we're lookin fer now.

Lorekeeper Sarl says 'Ah hah! Here it is! Let's see here..Yes, I remember now. This is
the story o Burdael. Ill lend ya the book, but it'll cost ya 50 platinum.
Sooooo as I was writing this up and looking up more stuff, Loremaster Sarl respawned and he spewed out all his text above EXCEPT the bolded part! I think there is some kind of bug involved where he is doing things out of order, according to ZAM he shouldn't despawn or respond to the phrase 'Black' unless you initiate the quest with 'Can you tell me the name of a slain dragon'.

On a side note, in that ZAM link it mentions handing the Tome to the Froststone guy actually increases CitizensofFroststone faction... always thought that couldn't be raised? Not sure if the hit is classic or not, maybe Aalderon knows.

Anyways, I'm tired, I'll bump this thread with more info as I crawl through Thurg and verify the rest of the NPCs.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Project Manager

1-4 Fixed, pending update

5 works currently on my development server, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. Needs to be checked after next patch.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you, Mr Nilbog. Did you mean 1-5 are fixed and 6 needs to be checked after the patch? There were 6 items. I suspect the 6th with the loremaster is some kind of glitch.