Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Default Klandicar & Esorpa hail text

I did some P99 searching and on ZAM and didn't find any mention of Klandicar's hail text, I found mention in Vaslin's EQ compendium, also corroborated on an out of era website. Wasn't interested in socking to test this out, so if this is working as intended please move to resolved:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020608...compendium.htm
&
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...forgotten-text

Quote:
You say, 'Hail Klandicar'

Klandicar says 'Oi, what is this? A Wood Elf, if my tired old eyes are not mistaken. Knew it would happen. Sooner rather than later. No stopping the flood now, eh?

You say, stopping what flood?'

Klandicar says 'The flood of beings to Velious. Starts with a trickle, like all floods. Sweeps the old away in the end, leaving a new landscape. Blessing and shame that I will not be around to see it all unfold.

You say, 'why will you not be around?'

Klandicar says 'I will be leaving this world soon enough, I think. Too tired to continue this existence, too jaded to believe tomorrow would be any different than today. Seeing you here is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in aeons, and even that isnt enough to make me want to continue. Yes, it is the Necropolis for me, and the swift embrace of fire, and then my dust shall fly free as I once used to.

You say, 'did your dust fly free?'

Klandicar says 'Dragons have never been truly free. The Claws, the Ring, the One Who Sleeps, our very nature, all conspire to keep us enslaved. We can not grow beyond what we are now, so doomed we all are. Masters of this world we are not. Your very presence here screams this to any who have ears to hear. The Age of Scale is long past.

You say, 'Why is the age of Scale long past?'

Klandicar says 'It proves how weak and static our race has become. Here you stand, in the most sacred of places, fearing nothing, daring to converse with me. If I were to consume you now, a dozen would appear to replace you. As mighty as Dragonkind is, we can never hope to match the power you wield. Dragons have limits set upon themselves, while you and your kind refuse to accept any limits. We can not compete with that. If only we could throw off these shackles we bind ourselves with.

You say, 'what shackles do you bind yourself with?'

Klandicar says 'I do not see this happening. Too proud, too sure of ourselves, as a race we could never concede that we have anything to learn from the likes of you. We need a revelation. Something to open our eye, a poke in the rump. The Iksar almost woke us up, they had us united and striving for something for a brief while, but the Iksar Empire was in many ways as doomed as we are, too inflexible. What does not bend will break. The same could be said of the Kromzek

You say, 'what can be said about the kromzek?'

Klandicar says 'The Kromzek are also clinging to the old ways, they have changed no more than we have over the generations. We kill some,they kill some, nothing really changes. Now the Coldain, they are a group to admire, the first trickles of that flood I spoke of.

You say, 'what about the coldain?'

Klandicar says 'I admire the Coldain They are strong because they adapt. They fought the Kromzek to a standstill, then pushed them back. They have not really crossed Dragons yet, but I feel that if they had a feud with us, they would present quite a challenge. And lo! There is a whole WORLD of poeples such as yourself, hardy and flexible as the Coldain, and here you stand at our doorstep, knocking.
I wasn't sure what faction was needed, but happened to notice Esorpa had hail text (not sure if implemented) that was available at Apprehensive, so would assume Apprehensive faction for Klandicar is sufficient:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...7&p=2#comments
Quote:
Aug 08 2001
I con apprehensive to him, when you hail him he says something like "The Ring of Scale shall destroy you all one day, maybe I should start now."
Per the compendium exact text is:
Quote:
You say, 'hail Esorpa of the Ring'

Esorpa of the Ring says 'The Ring of Scale shall fly forth and destroy all of you one day. Perhaps I shall start now.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Banned

bookmarked
Old 07-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bookmarked
Hmm didn't think anyone would care. Does this impact anything?
Old 07-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Klandicar is mad open minded and shit would chill with him irl
Old 07-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Ya he's mad philosophical

Deep lore is my bag
Old 08-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Project Manager

Klandicar text is currently written to require kindly or better.

Esorpa text added apprehensive or better, pending update.
Closed Thread