Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Solo warrior. I've seen it done, some poor ogre in Warsliks at the giant fort. He'd solo down a giant, no fungi, average to crap weapons...then sit there, for maybe 8-10 minutes, then do another one. Then sit there.

Legend says he's still out there, sitting....
Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

What face did the ogre have? Important detail wether he deserves sympathy or not.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:53 AM
Aviak

Easily Shaman for me. The constant nagging for buffs, the slow and tedious root rotting, and the general nature of being a priest class. Super powerful at 60, but an absolute chore to get there, and a complete slog to play once you are 60. Sure, I can solo dragons, but it takes a month to do it.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're my kind of chanter.
I just don’t get why anyone would want to be bored. Enchanters are arguably the second most active class in the game from 1-60. Why would you want to be any less active at 60? Raids are usually easier than normal soloing, any high level camp farming, or anything else. Why would I want to sit on my ass and do nothing?
Old 10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids have pets and have strong aggro spells. They're pullers. Change my mind.
Druids are mediocre pullers compared to a ranger or bard outside, and they suck at pulling in dungeons where harmony doesn't work. Nature Walker's Behest is like a wimpy dot at best, and their charm only works situationally, many of the best places to hunt, like the whole chain from MM to CoM to KC to Seb, won't have anything for them to charm. They can do amazing things with the dogs in Chardok and that would indeed be fun. A cleric that's trying to do so will take aggro from a druid all day long, it's not even a contest. Stun & blind are SOOOOO much more effective as aggro spells than anything a druid has. Clerics get a pet too, and though it's as situational as the druid bear, it really can dish out a lot of damage if you deploy it correctly, by buffing it so it can withstand a hit, and chaining it out to extra mobs besides the first one you cast it on. I've had at least a couple fights where I probably did 30% of the total damage to a group-target mob with the hammer, because the group was sustainable but had no dps to speak of.

Whether you'll be convinced or not remains up to you, though please note that you've moved the goalposts on me, since I was comparing the various tools & techniques for being a main healer between druids and clerics. I've played Cleric to 60, and druid to 57, so I do have plenty of personal experience with both.
Last edited by Servant; 10-16-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Look at all these rogue apologists hahaha they prob just never played a real class
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo warrior. I've seen it done, some poor ogre in Warsliks at the giant fort. He'd solo down a giant, no fungi, average to crap weapons...then sit there, for maybe 8-10 minutes, then do another one. Then sit there.

Legend says he's still out there, sitting....
This made me laugh. It reminds me of my dwarf warrior who I play in the off hours.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are mediocre pullers compared to a ranger or bard outside, and they suck at pulling in dungeons where harmony doesn't work. Nature Walker's Behest is like a wimpy dot at best, and their charm only works situationally, many of the best places to hunt, like the whole chain from MM to CoM to KC to Seb, won't have anything for them to charm. They can do amazing things with the dogs in Chardok and that would indeed be fun. A cleric that's trying to do so will take aggro from a druid all day long, it's not even a contest. Stun & blind are SOOOOO much more effective as aggro spells than anything a druid has. Clerics get a pet too, and though it's as situational as the druid bear, it really can dish out a lot of damage if you deploy it correctly, by buffing it so it can withstand a hit, and chaining it out to extra mobs besides the first one you cast it on. I've had at least a couple fights where I probably did 30% of the total damage to a group-target mob with the hammer, because the group was sustainable but had no dps to speak of.

Whether you'll be convinced or not remains up to you, though please note that you've moved the goalposts on me, since I was comparing the various tools & techniques for being a main healer between druids and clerics. I've played Cleric to 60, and druid to 57, so I do have plenty of personal experience with both.
I understand you were comparing them as healers, and I agree with you for the most part in that regard. Your analysis is valid for grouping. My contention is that at end game, they aren't healers. They should be a part of raid pull teams, and I'm the sort of person who finds that fun.

I will challenge your assertion that druids don't have good aggro spells compared to stun/blind. Try out Flame Lick some time.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Kobold

Yes, well, end-game is a different game. I said in my original post that pulling is the only part that really looks fun for end-game, though all I've done is Cleric and Enchanter. Usually I've seen Druids deployed as spot healers in end-game, and in truth that's probably the most fun thing to do that's not the pull team. Really though, figuring out which class is most fun in the end-game is a similar exercise to deciding which tax form is the most fun to fill out.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really though, figuring out which class is most fun in the end-game is a similar exercise to deciding which tax form is the most fun to fill out.
Agreed, end game blows in classic. No class is fun to play at 60. Live fixed that with AA's & scripted raids. Only challenges here are mobilization and waking up at 2am for quakes.

Enjoy the ride.
Closed Thread