Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Returning player looking for a home

Went afk from EQ about 3 years but now I return looking for a guild that's raids but not required to be there full time on raids. Even tho I back work still ties me up.
Ennela 58 epic cleric. Is ready to kill yah..oops miss heal
Gecla 54 epic Shaman. Is ready to buff yah...ooops oom
Soultrapper 18 necro.. ready to fd when there trouble.

Send tell in game or leave message here
Thank you
Old 10-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty much every guild on the server is going to meet your stated needs.

Even the top end guilds generally have no raid attendance requirements. Aftermath for example only requires 20% raid attendance to make full member and 10% raid attendance to be eligible for the best loot. I believe the only requirement to become and an applicant is level 50+. To make full member you'll just need to get to 60 and obtain some easily required items (Reaper, Mallet, Wort Pots, MR Pots, Some low end MR gear, etc) but you'll be able to earn DKP while still an app. There's no required raid attendance to stay full member once you get there or penalties for not raiding. You'll just earn more DKP (and therefore more loot in a shorter time) if you're able to raid more often. On the flip side the higher end guilds will expect you to know your class decently well and may have a smaller tolerance for errors (which I personally prefer because I'd rather have constructive criticism that I can learn how to be a better player from instead of just being bad and no one saying anything to me about it).

The more casual guilds have less opportunity for high-end loot due to the fact Velious raids need large numbers of raiders, a high level of coordination, and the way this server is setup dragons can spawn at all hours. The casual guilds get less loot to go around and generally have more members in need of gear so gearing up in these guilds can be much slower. But they may offer some different social interactions than the high end raid guilds.

Your best bet is to read the different recruitment threads and decide which guild suits your needs or which guild you feel you would be best able to contribute to depending on what's more important to you and take a few minutes to drop an app. Most raiding guilds aren't going to bother with someone that doesn't express interest in joining or that can't be bothered to take a couple minutes to post an app.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Last edited by Nikkanu; 10-15-2018 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosebumps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest starting out with ps or ag if you're unsure you're ready for hardcore raiding. Can always make the move to aftermath or tempusst after that.
I've always been curious about why people suggest that. I did something similar when I was new on the server and honestly wish I'd have gone straight to the best raiding guild right off the bat. If your goal is raiding the more casual guilds give you less opportunity to raid, fewer opportunities to gear up, and fewer opportunities to see the endgame content. When you do actually get to raid in the more casual guilds it leads to longer fights and slower progression due to fewer numbers and overall lack of gear and experience. Might as well learn with the best and collect DKP that will go better gear instead of stuff you will eventually replace, at least that's my opinion.

♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 10-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Because they may prefer a cordial grouping atmosphere rather than a "when is the next quake?" atmosphere.

OP: Azure Guard, Kittens, Paradigm Shift, Bloodguard, Second Sons. Look at their recruitment threads to gauge how much you wish to raid.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Kobold

And it doesn't look like he's got a main and 4 lvl 60 alts.
The way raid targets go down these days, if you don't have alts parked at strategic spots you won't get there in time.
Last edited by Busher; 10-16-2018 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because they may prefer a cordial grouping atmosphere rather than a "when is the next quake?" atmosphere.

OP: Azure Guard, Kittens, Paradigm Shift, Bloodguard, Second Sons. Look at their recruitment threads to gauge how much you wish to raid.
You're assuming that there isn't plenty of "cordial grouping atmosphere" in the endgame guilds. In my experience, there are just as much, if not more friendly grouping opportunities in the higher end guilds simply due to there being more people. There's always a need for xp between raids to make up for xp loss from raid deaths, there are always new apps looking to level, there are always people looking to level up their alts, there are always people looking to farm items, etc.

It's a common misconception that you have to be unemployed or have no life outside of EQ to be in the top raid guilds, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Pretty much every guild allows you to raid as much, or as little, as you like.

♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 10-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way raid targets go down these days, if you don't have alts parked at strategic spots you won't get there in time.
In all fairness, this is true in any raiding guild. But since no one is expected to have high raid attendance it doesn't matter if you occasionally miss a mob because you don't have a character close enough.

We have tons of people with porters that are always happy to help you get your characters to raids if you'd like to raid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 10-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

AM has 10-20 good players and 200 warmbodies who show up to zerg content and bid dkp on dragon loot.. at least in a smaller guild your contribution might actually mean something. Something to think about.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Geeee I only asking for suggestions not a word battle. I was in many types of guilds heavy to light to no raiding at all . I been to all raids in ever zone that there was mobs to be killed on live eq. I ran my own guild for many years that was a big success.
I was just looking for some feed back not a word fight .
But ty..
Old 10-17-2018, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Geeee I only asking for suggestions not a word battle. I was in many types of guilds heavy to light to no raiding at all . I been to all raids in ever zone that there was mobs to be killed on live eq. I ran my own guild for many years that was a big success.
I was just looking for some feed back not a word fight .
But ty..
yw
Closed Thread