Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:08 PM
Orc

Default The Second Sons

No other guild or entity on the server has caused me more headaches than your guild. I've played P99 off and on for a long time, made many friends, helped many people along the way, and I've never felt so much animosity towards any collective group as I have with TSS.

I can honestly say I've never experienced a friendly or even positive interaction with a member of The Second Sons, insomuch that I go out of my way to avoid grouping with your members... Mind you, this is after numerous, numerous occasions of being conditioned to such.

Anecdotally, I've had multiple encounters with TSS flagged members try to muscle me out of whatever camp I was at, yet worse still, treating me with outright hostility when I open a dialogue. Incidentally, you're the only guild who I've had to reach out to officers to resolve issues due to the level of toxicity of the players involved in the incidents.

Furthermore, I've witnessed a TSS-composed group outright leave in the middle of a pull in KC basement with no notice. They left their group's puller to die with "incoming" -- for absolutely no reason. Did they help the poor guy get a rez? Nope.

I could create a list of grievances, but today felt like a crowning achievement for your guild. Today I had a TSS member run up and depop a mob that I had spent hours churning through PH's to spawn. Congrats, bud, you did it. You managed to turn my stomach sideways and drive a stake into my enjoyment of this game. I mean it wholeheartedly, I feel sick to my stomach... there was no need for what you did, and coupled with the other frequent interactions I can't seem to avoid with TSS (and literally ONLY TSS) I'm finding myself not enjoying EQ for pretty much the first time ever.

I'm not here to wish upon you the same fate of someone else ruining your day, flushing away hours of effort on your part, but know your actions were incredibly malicious, and a poor reflection on a guild that has never shown any qualities worthy of it being held in any sort of esteem.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Obligatory "post name of the accused so we know who to flame" post here.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Why so vague OP??

1. Your name
2. their name
3. where did this happen
4. what mob
5. how did it make you feel inside?
6. do you feel better now after having a good cry?
Old 05-31-2018, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. what mob
Old 05-31-2018, 04:49 PM
Banned

This guild fucking sucks due to GoT reference names
Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

I had a similar issue with a Second Sons member whiletrying to grind Priests of Life faction in Qeynos on an iksar, which is annoying to say the least. For those unaware, Lashun roams around the yard in Qeynos and you have to give him 2g repeatedly for +1 faction per turn-in. As an iksar, it is egregious. I had a friend hail locking him for the first 2 hours until I was non-KoS.

So, about 3 hours into my carpal-tunnel syndrome I see Lashun get nuked by a druid named Tinypaws <The Second Sons>. I inquire probably pretty curtly at the time what the hell are you doing? This person tells me very angrily they are upset over the text that Lashun says in say during the turn-in. I proceed to try to tell them my dilemma and that I would appreciate that they don't kill the quest NPC as it's already mind-numbing hell without outside interference.

Tinypaws <The Second Sons> continues to tell me they don't care and on next Lashun spawn Tinypaws aggroes and snares Lashun around the zone so I can't turn-in. Realizing that reasoning with this person was out of my hands at this point I contacted Khall who I only had positive interactions with in the past albeit not that many. He got back to me pretty quickly and I was then informed that Tinypaws was a 12 year old girl that they had numerous issues with in the past. I was a little confused as to why they hadn't booted her already and was told she hardly logged in and if she did he would in fact boot her. I assured him I really didn't care and if anything to take mercy on the little girl but told him I just wanted to give him a heads-up more than anything.

The Second Sons <TSS> seem to be a good group of people with good mores overall. AFAIK they are a smaller, more casual guild and I doubt have a robust recruitment process to vet out all the bad apples. I am sure their leadership would appreciate anyone to bring concerns with members to them as I did rather than create a RNF thread with just their name in the title. A little tacky IMO.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Tell The Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Show me on this doll where he touched you
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it wholeheartedly, I feel sick to my stomach...
I mean no offence, it's shit what they did, but maybe it's time to take a day or two off.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Had an interesting run in with someone from The Second Sons in Kurn's Tower the other night. They were camp disputing and I was just goofin in /ooc. Next thing you know they're asking me who my main is and what not.

Was weird and funny.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

That's a vague story.