Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranlron swiftsong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because nazis man.

Dark elves are the nazis of norrath they treat everyone like crap, even ogres and trolls, so he isn't exactly wrong.
Are we talking EQ or real world history, because I am talking EQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although from the video one of the DMO members posted awhile back I would say the P99 at large has no idea what RP is or can draw the line between fantasy and reality. Their responses were in the /ooc of the video. Truly the social media generation of self identifying with their character. [Posts Selfies]
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are we talking EQ or real-world history, because I am talking EQ.
EQ obviously

Also: I know ogres are dumb and all, but they used to be great conquerors before cursed with stupidity.

I went to go into the necro guild and mages guild on gnome necro the stupid dark elves tried to kill me they killed me successfully when I was at the gate to where mages and wizards were, and very abruptly, so I have no sympathy for dark elves.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranlron swiftsong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went to go into the necro guild and mages guild on gnome necro the stupid dark elves tried to kill me they killed me successfully when I was at the gate to where mages and wizards were, and very abruptly, so I have no sympathy for dark elves.
Quote:
the dark clouds part and the ray of light shines down..
Old 03-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I have your stuff on blue?
QFT

Also, all games are like this. This game is not a game that you should play to win. You should play for fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

If you can't find enjoyment in a game with the least amount it has to offer, you won't know how to once you get the most, or you'll burn out before ever getting there.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game is not a game that you should play to win. You should play for fun.
You might as well be advising working class voters not to vote for the wealthy jerks who implement the policies that ensure that the rich get richer while the poor remain poor, or for that matter you could go and shout at a river to flow uphill. Your advice is useless as it will never be followed, although that is not your fault.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It all means jack anyway? New server, old server, it all ultimately means jack, jack all!
Old 03-30-2020, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all means jack anyway? New server, old server, it all ultimately means jack, jack all!
True, it all means nothing in the end, but at least on Teal anyone had a chance at anything (in the short run). If you were insane enough to not sleep for a couple nights for a video game, you could have a Manastone. If you wanted to see Vox, you still had to join an uber-guild ... but it was a "casual" uber-guild compared to Green.

Then the merge happened and only the neckbeard-iest of the neckbeards could ever see Vox, or get a manastone. Rogean designed Blue/Green for those people; by accident he designed Teal for "normal" players.

Ultimately all P99 servers are "for competitors", where competitor means "most interested in playing whatever unclassic games Rogean devises". Teal wasn't about those games, or rather was the least about them out of any P99 server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:18 PM
Banned

it's a lesson I learned on Live. characters are temporary; friends are ...semipermanent :P
Closed Thread