Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Default Rathe Mountains Hill Giant rules and camps?

Ok, I finally get to Rathe Mountains and HG hill but its confusing. HG and people everywhere. I don't know the camps and the way they wonder I don't want to steal others HG's. What's the polite way to find a camp location and is kiting normal or root rotting the only way? Thanks

Ovaflo 44 Druid trying to make Lumi staff money and level
Old 09-07-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

In Rathe Mountains, I believe you can camp single spawn points only (since it's an outdoor zone).

If you want to make money as a druid, port for tips!
Old 09-07-2020, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.

There are cases where two or more parties wish to hunt in the same area. In these cases, the parties are required to compromise. Do not attack a mob after another player, this is kill stealing.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

The PnP is pretty straight forward and easy to read

So basically for HG in Rathe mountains there is no camps that staff recognize, outside of someone singling out a single static spawn point and just sitting on top of it waiting for that ONE spawn point to spawn. So just engage HG's under FTE. If someone else has already aggro'd it, its there's. So have to be quick if there is a lot of people hunting in the area, or as the PnP says compromise with other players
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 09-07-2020, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Foreplay is right. I will add, kiting can be frowned upon by some. The argument being you are tying up spawns while gathering your 4 mobs. But, that all depends on the exact situation really.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Aviak

Thank's I thought I would be safe and check first. If i see an wondering HG with no one on it and its full health good to go I guess. Thanks all
Old 09-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

In Rathe Mountains Hill Giants are not FTE.

The term FTE is miss-used in place of un-engaged mobs far too often for years on p99.
There is a distinct different between FTE (see raid mobs) vs mobs that have not been engaged.
They don't mean the same thing. Even the staff has miss-used this term on the PnP.
FTE has a zone wide message, it's the name for that P99 mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach
You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam).
Play Nice Policy (PNP) - Server Rules and Expectations

In regards to Quadders, they can not claim to be camping 4 mobs that spawn a distance apart from each other.
They can 'tie up' 4 mobs they have engaged however they can not do so for the sole purpose of disrupting the zone.

Some people think I split hairs on the subject, but distinction would and will alleviate any confusion on the subject.
Getting people to comply with putting in the effort to distinct the two terms is another matter.
And to be honest it's a bit late in p99's life for people to change their ways, so I guess my hope that people will give a rats ass is hopeless.
---
Simply put, if someone has engaged a non-FTE mob you still can not kill steal it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:38 PM
Banned

Green broke the real rules of EQ. Live was never this way (Xegony) and it was only implemented due to 2000 players at Green launch and they had to do something with such an overloaded server and minimal mobs to kill.

I get it, I understand the reasons why they had to implement this policy and call it gospel.

The truth is they are wrong and it isn't gospel. Camps were respected on live. If you weren't a whining man-child most people would work things out amongst themselves, or even give up the camp, or perhaps an unimaginable proposition.....Group!

The only problems arose when someone tried to make an outrageous claim like all of SF island, or in guk Lord/am/hand/frenzy and believe it or not, the community enforced these unwritten policies.

Just do us all a favor and keep that stuff on green, we don't want it on blue.

Thanks,

Everyone on blue
Old 09-07-2020, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

HGs have 6 spawn points in RM. once killed that HG will respawn at its spawn point 6mins 40 secs after its death. Best to figure out or ask someone to show you the 6 spawn points. Then you will want to try and sit on a spawn Point to ensure You get it. If you can handle one then try to lock up two spawns. The hard part is when lvl 60s are moving spawn point to spawn point killing all 6. However usually the 60s will share at least one spawn or two.. typically the ones in back valley area.
Closed Thread