Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Default Dark Elf Corruptor?

Hello again forums!

I'm finally starting the (what I can only assume will be) long and arduous process of getting my Druid Epic!

The first fight will be against Dark Elf Corruptor and his two Dark Elf Reaver cronies.

Has anyone done this fight recently? I am curious to hear how people approached it.

I plan to be Level 50 when I attempt this, and have a 60 Enchanter friend who will be helping me. I thought it might make sense to have the Enchanter wait at the spawn point for the dark elves so once I trigger them she can subdue them until I get there. Is this something that's possible? The Wiki seems to suggest that the two Reavers are mezzable, but that the Corruptor is not.

Let me know what you guys think. I know you guys in the forums are always so helpful! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Last edited by honeybee12874; 07-05-2019 at 12:43 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Orc

Default Dark Elf Corrupter

Btw dark elf corrupter fights really easy. You can harmony the other two and single pull him. If you need me to tank it I can on my monk with maybe a few druid heals. When they spawn it's not at the wiki location they start there and run down the hill towards the water/house so kinda be ahead of them and harmony.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I did this with a friend who had never done it before either, we just ran around sort of at the top of the hill panicing and looking and tracking because we were so freaked out about screwing it up, but then saw unless you basically go AFK you cant screw it up. They path down the hill towards the farm houses and you can yeah harmony or even I think I pulled two away and zoned them while my friend picked off the corrupter from the pull? I cant remember, the area is wide, the vantage point is grand (because of the hill) and the mobs path a pretty long way.

Use lev while looking 8)
Old 07-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello again forums!

I'm finally starting the (what I can only assume will be) long and arduous process of getting my Druid Epic!

The first fight will be against Dark Elf Corruptor and his two Dark Elf Reaver cronies.

Has anyone done this fight recently? I am curious to hear how people approached it.

I plan to be Level 50 when I attempt this, and have a 60 Enchanter friend who will be helping me. I thought it might make sense to have the Enchanter wait at the spawn point for the dark elves so once I trigger them she can subdue them until I get there. Is this something that's possible? The Wiki seems to suggest that the two Reavers are mezzable, but that the Corruptor is not.

Let me know what you guys think. I know you guys in the forums are always so helpful! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did this fight a few weeks ago with me (53 druid) and a buddy (58 ench). I bound near Corruptor spawn and Ench waited nearby. After turn-in, I gated to help. Ench AE mez'd, rooted corruptor and charmed a reaver to kill for us. I can't recall if mez landed on corruptor, but rooting/killing wasn't an issue. It takes longer for you to do the amulet hand ins than to kill and loot book.

Like Jibartik said, don't panic if you don't see the dark elves on track immediately. The corruptor will shout to the zone before he starts his mad dash to a druid beat down.
Last edited by Crawdad; 07-05-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevasleep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw dark elf corrupter fights really easy. You can harmony the other two and single pull him. If you need me to tank it I can on my monk with maybe a few druid heals. When they spawn it's not at the wiki location they start there and run down the hill towards the water/house so kinda be ahead of them and harmony.
Oh yeah, very good point, no need aggroing the Reavers if I don't have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unless you basically go AFK you cant screw it up.
Hahaha, awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did this fight a few weeks ago with me (53 druid) and a buddy (58 ench). I bound near Corruptor spawn and Ench waited nearby. After turn-in, I gated to help. Ench AE mez'd, rooted corruptor and charmed a reaver to kill for us. I can't recall if mez landed on corruptor, but rooting/killing wasn't an issue. It takes longer for you to do the amulet hand ins than to kill and loot book.

Like Jibartik said, don't panic if you don't see the dark elves on track immediately. The corruptor will shout to the zone before he starts his mad dash to a druid beat down.
Oh cool, thanks for the tips! I am wondering if the Wiki may be inaccurate about the Reavers, then, because it says they are uncharmable. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 07-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh cool, thanks for the tips! I am wondering if the Wiki may be inaccurate about the Reavers, then, because it says they are uncharmable. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd take anything on the wiki with a grain of salt, it's only as good as we make it. Mob stats, levels, resists, etc are all often wrong. I watched MaestroMorganti's P99 Druid Epic Documentation series several times while completing my leafblower. Its succinct and gives you a rundown of all the steps to the epic. The previous link shows the Corruptor fight with a charmed reaver, too. Good luck with the epic!
Last edited by Crawdad; 07-05-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd take anything on the wiki with a grain of salt, it's only as good as we make it.
Absolutely, that's why I ask on the forums! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
I watched MaestroMorganti's P99 Druid Epic Documentation series several times while completing my leafblower. Its succinct and gives you a rundown of all the steps to the epic. The previous link shows the Corruptor fight with a charmed reaver, too. Good luck with the epic!
Awesome, just watched the video. I'd say that's definitely proof enough for me to go ahead and edit the Wiki page and get rid of "Uncharmable" for the Reavers. Looks like they took a very similar strategy to what I was thinking, with the Enchanter mezzing the mobs and the Druid running over after passing in the amulet. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by honeybee12874; 07-05-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

I know I'm not the OP but I wanted to say thanks for the advice! I've been trying to get an idea of how difficult this fight will be for my ranger...when he's high enough.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting, pretty sure they were uncharmable on live back in the day.
*edit*
Hmm or maybe we were just too dumb to try it...I can't find anything specifically about those reavers but lots of stuff talking about Black Reavers in COM being uncharmable. Maybe that's why the wiki was confused about it.
Last edited by fadetree; 07-05-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who responded!!

My friend and I successfully slayed the Dark Elves tonight! And also a griffon that decided to attack me right when the elves spawned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread