Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 07:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you really hate cheap twink gear, or you are going for top DKP in the one warder guild that will exist, I don't really see the point of green over blue. But I support the project.
Green launch was a once-in-a-lifetime neckbeard event. The newbie zones haven't felt that alive since the original EverQuest launch, and leveling up in zones that are ghost towns on Blue was a lot of fun. Then Brad McQuaid died and playing on a freshly launched Vanilla EverQuest server felt like the best way to celebrate his life. I feel bad for anyone who missed it.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See attached.
How long until the population of Blue is larger than that of Teal, not counting repop days?
Old 01-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fucking WHAT?
you may think you do, but you dont
Old 01-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The past few days Blue has been close to Teal in population.
Easy to do when you can box characters on both. Lots of players have already hit 50 on Green and Teal, and are now spending most of their time farming. That allows them to log back onto their Blue characters and do both simultaneously. That gives a false impression that Blue is 'bouncing back' when in reality it's a lot of the same people, not hundreds of individuals choosing to play there instead of on the new servers.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy to do when you can box characters on both. Lots of players have already hit 50 on Green and Teal, and are now spending most of their time farming. That allows them to log back onto their Blue characters and do both simultaneously. That gives a false impression that Blue is 'bouncing back' when in reality it's a lot of the same people, not hundreds of individuals choosing to play there instead of on the new servers.
You mean kind of like how people are doing the same think by boxing Green and Teal giving the false impression that it’s all 100% unique accounts on each?
Old 01-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its that way, why cant green/teal be the false numbers?

nothing stopping it from not being that now that the journey is over
Old 01-07-2020, 01:14 AM
Banned

Sorry, "on hold".

Because lets face it, PoHate isnt even revamped yet and the amount of stuff to do is very minimal.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean kind of like how people are doing the same think by boxing Green and Teal giving the false impression that it’s all 100% unique accounts on each?
Totally can be. I don't believe I said that Green and Teal were independent totals. I just said that Blue wasn't 'bouncing back' like was being suggested.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Can someone break this down for me, having a hard time understanding this nugget of wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen nothing but hate and non-discord discord of dislike of what they thought they wanted, but didnt servers.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Totally can be. I don't believe I said that Green and Teal were independent totals. I just said that Blue wasn't 'bouncing back' like was being suggested.
Probably true to some extent. Although the grouping scene on Blue is much more lively these days and, despite twinkage, isn't really any less fun than grouping on Green or Teal. Everyone acted like Green/Teal groups were going to be so much more fun because of the challenge of everyone having shit gear, but it really wasn't a challenge...I was in groups chain pulling yellows and reds from day one lol. The only real challenge is lack of Breeze at 16 for Enchanters and people having lower mana pools because of lack of twinkage so sometimes you have a bit more downtime...the fights themselves aren't harder.
Closed Thread