Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Large Bat

Default The "Emerald Warriors' Items" gives a odd msg and im fearing i dont get the faction

Hello ther, im trying to get my Iksar up to a good faction with Kelthin merchant
by doing the "Emerald Warriors' Items" quest. But i start to think that its broken.

I hand in the items.

1 ruind wolf pelt
1 spiderling eye
1 bone chip
1 bat fur

i push the "give" button and i will get the trumpet and all but then the ood part is the text-msg.

"[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Regren says 'Impressive, do you have the rest?'
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Regren says 'Fine work! You are on your way to becoming an adequate combatant.'
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Regren says 'Impressive, do you have the rest?'
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] You receive 2 silver, 1 copper pieces.
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Your faction standing with EmeraldWarriors got better.
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Your faction standing with IndigoBrotherhood could not possibly get any worse.
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Your faction standing with KelethinMerchants got better.
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Your faction standing with MerchantsofFelwithe got better.
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] You gain experience!!"

The thing that make me think that the quest is broken is that i have done the quest for about 300-400 times.

If i understand the wikki right then i should need 250 faction points to go from Dubious to Apprehensive. So even if the quest is so painful that it only gives 1 FP per hand in then i shuld be Apprehensive now.

Anyone ells that have this problem with this quest?
Old 10-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Ikkys are already in the red to start and the faction is prolly only 1 or 2 points per turn in. Keep going you will get it.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otikx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i push the "give" button and i will get the trumpet and all but then the ood part is the text-msg.

"[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Regren says 'Impressive, do you have the rest?'
[Sat Oct 28 23:53:09 2017] Regren says 'Fine work! You are on your way to becoming an adequate combatant.'
Is the "odd part" the red text? If so that's just the way multiple turn-ins work in EQ: technically each item gets handed in separately. So when you push "give" you turn-in the first item. Since you haven't given the rest yet the NPC says "where's the rest?". The same thing happens as you turn in items two and three (all with that single "give" push). Finally you turn in the last item (again, all within that first click) and you don't see the message because that turn-in completed the quest.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:52 AM
Large Bat

Thank you for the quike answer.

But i still cant get why i dont have gone from Dubious to Apprehensive yet...
Start to think that i have "scowl" faction with wendors but the show Dobius. The Banker on the same faction whant to kill me.

I still today miss that ther is noot a meater for Factions (i did miss it back in the days 90/00-ish) but now i only need to trust the game to calculate my faction right and hope that i some day can have a cup of te with the banker in Kelthing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

once again thank you for the aswers.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otikx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the quike answer.

But i still cant get why i dont have gone from Dubious to Apprehensive yet...
Start to think that i have "scowl" faction with wendors but the show Dobius. The Banker on the same faction whant to kill me.
That's what it is. Vendors are never KOS, so your faction is actually a lot lower than Dubious. I would guess you don't start out max KOS, but even if you were right on the line of Threatening you'll need 600 faction points to get to Apprehensive. At least that's my understanding of how vendor faction works.

Been a while since I've been to Kelethin but I'm pretty sure it's one of the many banks you can bank through the wall while KOS if all you're trying to do is bank.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:02 AM
Large Bat

Just to end this topic.
I can confirm that the quest is working. I have now gotten off the hate list and can sit with the banker and drink my tea in Kelethin.

But it seems that the Shark Meat quest gives more faction per turn in then this quest, but i have no numbers to show it, its just a feeling.
Last edited by Otikx; 12-14-2017 at 06:04 AM..
Old 12-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I still today miss that ther is noot a meater for Factions
Quote:
But it seems that the Shark Meat quest gives more faction per turn in then this quest, but i have no numbers to show it, its just a feeling.
Yeah, it's one of my least favorite aspects of classic EverQuest's design. Not that there's anything wrong about keeping faction numbers in general a secret, but in classic EQ almost every other number is exposed, which makes faction a bit of an anomaly.

You know how many HP you have, and if you do the math on your logs you can figure out how many HP the mob you just killed had. Even harder to measure stuff like a mob's AC or spell resists can be roughly determined if you attacks/cast spells on it enough. You also know your tradeskills, the trivial of recipes, and you can do math to figure out your chances of succesfully making an item. You also know the numbers for ...

But you can never figure out faction numbers unless you spend an insane amount of time repeatedly killing a single mob or completing a quest, and even then you have to do it all over a different way on another character if you want to know "Quest X gives 5 faction but Quest Y gives 10". Even if you were a cheater and used ShowEQ it wouldn't help, because the server never even sends the faction numbers to the client.

In other words, in a game that is all about number crunching, faction is the one number you (practically-speaking) can't crunch, and that's always seemed odd to me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread