Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People with depression often have highly volatile sense of self esteem, one moment on the edge of megalomania, the next of utter worthlessness.
I think that's only true for Bipolar depressives ... although they probably make up a good percentage of the overall depressed population.

Non-bipolar depressed people don't get the "fun" of the manic (ie. megalomaniacal) side. Their self-esteem just ranges between "enough to function" to "not enough to get out of bed".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

😬
Old 12-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Banned

love thos wite girls born an bred as the dotters of mans whomstdve succeled tha teet uv Empire
Old 12-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
love thos wite girls born an bred as the dotters of mans whomstdve succeled tha teet uv Empire
It sounds like you're saying children of the privileged should never speak out about injustice.

Like who cares if that girl was next in line to inherit the Heinz fortune, why does that mean she can't call Columbus a piece of shit?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Banned

Where does the "MUHHHH GENOCIDE QQ" stop?
Old 12-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Banned

I GUESS WHAT I'M REALLY TRYING TO SAY IS THAT PROTESTING COLUMBUS AIN'T GONNA DO SHIT ABOUT CHANGING THE STATUS QUO OF AMERICAN IMPERIALISM, ROOTED IN THE IMPERIAL ANCESTRY OF FORMER EMPIRES WHICH SUPPORTED COLUMBUS AND THAT IF SHE REALLY WANTS TO HELP INSPIRE CHANGE I WOULD APPRECIATE A LITTLE BIT MORE EFFORT AND DISCOURSE THAN PUTTING ON EYELINER AND POSTING PROTESTS TO ELEMENTARY HISTORICAL CORRUPTION IN ORDER TO GET LIKES AND HEART REACTS.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like you're saying children of the privileged should never speak out about injustice.
I definitely think children of the privileged should not derail the issue of wealth inequality with other concerns they have (because they don't have to worry about wealth inequality). This is what they have been doing weather they ever own it or not.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Banned

Old 12-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever to be anti-nationalist and apologetic about history. Like Germans today should totally go back to that whole Aryan-first belief system, and they shouldn't in any way feel apologetic about the Holocaust. Makes perfect sense. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by loramin; 12-16-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Old 12-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF SHE REALLY WANTS TO HELP INSPIRE CHANGE I WOULD APPRECIATE A LITTLE BIT MORE EFFORT AND DISCOURSE THAN PUTTING ON EYELINER AND POSTING PROTESTS TO ELEMENTARY HISTORICAL CORRUPTION IN ORDER TO GET LIKES AND HEART REACTS.
I get what you're saying, but don't let perfection be the enemy of the good. Would it be better if she did more? Sure, but that's true of anyone, and let's be honest here: none of us even know how much she has done outside that picture. The odds are she's a far more active activist than any of us.

But even if she isn't, isn't her eyeliner/hashtag/whatever you want to call it protest still better than not doing anything at all (which 99% of the kids her age are doing)? It doesn't seem to me like attacking someone for doing a little bit gets people to do more; it just scares off anyone from trying and then getting attacked for not doing enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely think children of the privileged should not derail the issue of wealth inequality with other concerns they have (because they don't have to worry about wealth inequality). This is what they have been doing weather they ever own it or not.
I also hear what you're saying, but I don't think anyone gets to decide whose rights are more important, and I don't think rights are mutually exclusive. Making feminist progress does not mean that wealth inequality goes backwards, and it's also not like every person who is interested in feminism would just magically become poverty activists if feminism magically disappeared. Both women and the poor can be advocated for at the same time without one "derailing" the other, and history has shown as much. For instance, both African Americans and women saw huge rights gains during the civil rights movement. Neither derailed the other, and there's an argument to be made that in fact they helped each other.

Or in other words, the fact that the powers that be have traditionally tried to play different minority groups against each other (which 100% is a fact) does not inherently make them enemies of each other (and historically minority groups have found real benefits to allying with one another).

Last edited by loramin; 12-16-2017 at 06:53 PM..
Closed Thread