Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdog64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was new to the server, I also brought 8-10 friends with me. Most of us are old EQ players and decided to give it a crack again but this time we are all actually adults that work for living so we don't have the time to sit farming plat or in the EC tunnel making minor transactions so we purchased plat. We would log in playing each night together for a couple hours and play in some random zone.

You people can now rejoice that players that had nothing to do with you - are now banned instead of doing their minor level 20 group with twink gear.

I realize you all feel like the world is a better place now that Mods (drunk with power) have made these bans, mods that would rather sit in the shadows "silently tracking" like the fuckin NSA instead of just banning the two fucks selling everyone plat on the server and killing the source.

But when you really think about it, how is buying plat anymore cheating than getting power leveled 20 levels in one day? Or donating to the devs and getting exp potions for real life money?

Give me a break with your self-righteous bullshit when you allow the exact thing for donations.
If grinding out a set of cloth armor and racing three noobs to the decaying skeleton holding a cracked staff doesn't appeal to you, I think you're missing the point of this server anyway.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sellers' accounts are obviously banned.
I assume this is referring to donations to the Pantheon development. P99 didn't receive anything for that, because it went to Pantheon, through kickstarter. The kickstarter failed anyways, and people were refunded their donations.

I am well aware of the kickstarter, I and my friends backed it with decent amount of money, and have since backed their project at the source since it failed.

The sellers should have been banned instantly. You don't let a crack dealer show up in your neighborhood and wait and see what happens, you snuff it out and move on. Instead you chose to let them THRIVE on your player base, knowing yourself that they were essentially stealing the money since everyone would be banned in the future. This is why you guys will never do this professionally. Because anyone with half a brain would not cannibalize their player base instead of just killing the weed amongst them.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Rules are clearly stated, you may or may not have read them. It doesn't matter if you can afford to RMT don't do it. Seems like a very simple concept to understand. Sorry you lost your time and money though. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Couthor Spirithound - 45 Shaman
Pascify - 38 Enchanter
Quiet - 46 Magician
Old 03-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdog64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sellers should have been banned instantly. You don't let a crack dealer show up in your neighborhood and wait and see what happens, you snuff it out and move on. Instead you chose to let them THRIVE on your player base, knowing yourself that they were essentially stealing the money since everyone would be banned in the future. This is why you guys will never do this professionally. Because anyone with half a brain would not cannibalize their player base instead of just killing the weed amongst them.
So everyone's responsible for your actions except, of course, you.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If grinding out a set of cloth armor and racing three noobs to the decaying skeleton holding a cracked staff doesn't appeal to you, I think you're missing the point of this server anyway.
What you are missing; is the feat of getting new players you are now "friends" with that may have never played Everquest at launch to play it with you. Sometimes you need to use a little lube to make it a pleasant experience for more than just yourself.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What you are missing; is the feat of getting new players you are now "friends" with that may have never played Everquest at launch to play it with you. Sometimes you need to use a little lube to make it a pleasant experience for more than just yourself.
Then level up and farm gear to give to your friends if that's what it takes to get them here. Honestly, though, if they aren't going to play here unless they're twinked off the bat, they probably won't have much fun here anyway.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You don't let a crack dealer show up in your neighborhood and wait and see what happens
Actually you do. Monitoring traffic to and from a dealer's house or place of operation is one of the standard ways of building a case.

Danth
Old 03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think there are other emu servers out there where you can use GM commands and summon whatever items you want. If you want to show your friends the game and need to give them gear to do so, why not play one of those servers for a bit?

Red99
Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindCorpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules are clearly stated, you may or may not have read them. It doesn't matter if you can afford to RMT don't do it. Seems like a very simple concept to understand. Sorry you lost your time and money though. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Two very simple solutions:

1.Ban the sellers.

2.Send out a 1 time warning. (to accounts that were made in the last three months)

This would have been easy and much healthier for the server, it would have kept 600 more people playing the game.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually you do. Monitoring traffic to and from a dealer's house or place of operation is one of the standard ways of building a case.

Danth
A case against what? The dealer? YOU KNOW FOR A FACT WHO THE DEALER IS, IT IS LOGGED. Wake up, life is not the same as EQ. If you are someone that would allow a crack dealer to stay selling to people in your neighborhood then you have bigger issues and I am happy you are jobless and stay at home playing EQ.
Closed Thread