Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Kobold

Interesting situation happened - Before we killed Noble - the OOA was in the middle of a rangers tracking list. After the Noble died, OOA went on top of the Rangers Track list and Only one Overseer of Air is up, we are not sure of the mechanic at this point but isn't killing the noble suppose to spawn a OOA everytime? Some of our members recalled a second overseer of air would spawn which would have their own Noble Djorn spawn cycle. Was there a patch for that?

Edit: to be clear Noble Popped while we were in sky. OOA was up before we were up in sky.
Last edited by Frytard; 01-23-2014 at 12:55 AM..
Old 01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Does this portion put in with the recent patch: "Rogean: Simulated Patch Day Respawns will now respawn all non-raid mobs approximately 2 minutes after broadcast." impact the sky mobs? If so, I am going to assume that the Efreeti will be on permanent FFA status as leaving the overseer of air up will not have the desired effect.
Additionally, it looks like the mechanic for Overseer of Air spawning multiples was fixed as per observations made. Is this the general consensus?
-----------------------
Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the general consensus?
No. I don't think anyone really knows what's going on at this point with the new repops and all of the hotfixes and such. That being said, if people want to start killing him and see how things go on Red I'd be down for that.

Also we killed him last night on the 25th.

edit:

So far we have spawns on 1-13, 1-14, 1-17, 1-22 and 1-25. The monkey wrench here is that the 1/18 patch depopped the OOA but did not spawn Dojorn. So it looks like the 1-22 was the 7 day spawn (although that is 8 days, so maybe he was left up an extra day?) and then the 1-25 is the normal 3-day spawn.

I am GUESSING that the following will occur:
1-28: OOA despawns and pops another Noble who pops another OOA
1-29 Noble repops on his own from the 1-22 kill

And this is when we should start to see two Overseers up at once and things get exponential.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 01-27-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am GUESSING that the following will occur:
1-28: OOA despawns and pops another Noble who pops another OOA
1-29 Noble repops on his own from the 1-22 kill

And this is when we should start to see two Overseers up at once and things get exponential.
keeping an eye on this as I miss killing these Efreetis berry much

hopefully this mechanic and the constant hot fixes work themselves out and we see Noble popping daily
Old 01-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploktor
its so frustrating that I can't post to the dojo raid discussion thread.

I'll lay out everything to you here and feel free to post it.

-Dojo is a 7 day mob with no variance. His respawn timer is kept by the server and should not reset due to a simulated repop as other long timer mobs also don't reset.
-Killing Dojo spawns OOA.
-If OOA has been up for 72 hours (3 days), that OOA despawns and Dojo spawns. There is no server timer for this, it is an event based on how long the mob has been alive for.
-Killing this spawned Dojo will spawn another OOA (confirmed p99) and will not reset Dojo's 7 day spawn time (confirmed p99).

Open questions:
-Can more than one OOA be up on p99? I can confirm this was at one time true, but no one has seen it happen recently, so it is an open question.
-Can more than one Dojo be up on p99? Is this limited to two Dojo's, one from the 7 day cycle and one from the OOA despawn event?
-Will a simulated repop despawn OOA? If yes, will devs change this mechanic, as a simpop will despawn any triggered mob, so anyone doing a triggered epic fight will have their mobs despawn on them, etc.

Why isn't this "leave ooa up" plan working yet?
Normally we have gone months without server crashes or patches. This, as many know, causes the vendors in game to fill up. Only events (other than simpops which need to be tested) that would clear out the vendors would ruin the OOA cycles that we can create by leaving him up. This should lead to a very nice situation regarding Dojo after 3 weeks have passed and we have populated a good number of OOAs. However, recently we have been struck with a number of patches, hotfixes, and others server downtime that have despawned OOA, leaving us with fewer Dojo's to kill and leaving us in the dark about some of the open questions.

Not sure if your kill dates are right, but afaik....
Dojo spawned and was killed on Sunday the 19th and OOA was left up. This spawned another Dojo Wednesday the 22nd when OOA despawned. OOA was again left up and was due to despawn on Saturday the 25th, but Eratani informed me of a server hotfix Saturday that despawned OOA. Dojo then spawned Sunday the 26th as per his normal 7 day spawn. The next few dojo's should spawn on Wednesday, Satuday, and Sunday.

I've been tracking him fairly closely, and while I haven't written down notes on kill times, I am keeping mental notes about when he is due to spawn next, and this weekend should have seen two spawns.
So basically the hotfixes and patches and such keep fucking with the OOA timers, because he isn't a respawn mob like Noble Dojorn. Generally speaking we've been going for months at a time without a patch, but recently there has been a lot of activity, so maybe that will be an issue going forward <shrug>
Old 02-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Alright, we had a respawn that would have been perfect to give us one Noble every day, but then the servers crashed today . . .

Open to whatever here.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

I still tend to think that either this mechanic has been fixed or the simulated repps will reset Overseer of Air. Remember, all non-raid mobs will re-spawn 2 minutes after a simulate re-pop of raid mobs. Overseer of Air is not a Raid mob and so would reset after the 2 minutes had elapsed. Essentially, on a simulated server reset, the big raid mobs are spawned, 2 minutes later the rest of the server resets and re-spawn. So, if you had Plane of Hate clear, 2 minutes after Innoruuk pops (on a simulated server reset), the rest of the zone should pop.

I think we should make plans for returning to the click-fest unfortunately as this does not seem to be working out. Let's set a deadline for this to be proved or disproved please and take it from there.
-----------------------
Old 02-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember, all non-raid mobs will re-spawn 2 minutes after a simulate re-pop of raid mobs.
Wait, what?

That being said, I agree that the server has been stable enough recently for this to work (and Sirken already claims they have a patch in the wings for the ghosting).
Old 02-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Checked OOA tonight and he's not up. I think the server is simply not stable enough right now (nor likely to be with Velious beta and presumably some fixes involved there). I hope we can get back to this at some point, but if we happen to see the Noble up (unlikely as we don't usually do FTE nonsense) we'll kill it all. Aside from the Hand, who will probably pimpslap us.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

i think a lack of server stability has been only a recent development
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread