Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to hijack, but didn't really want to start my own thread. I am embarrassingly un-knowledgeable when it comes to warriors. I have a group of friends that have already leveled up a SK and Paladin.

We have no warrior in our stable...and I have the yearning of playing yet another alt from level 1. I don't have a ton of money...and rather than just dump everything I have into acquiring another fungi, I was thinking about doing a semi-twinked warrior designed for doing groups with at least a healer to make up for lack of fungi regen.

Any gear recommendations? This char hasn't even been made yet....but I like creating Magelos for gear planning. If there's any big no-no's you see or must-haves I missed, holla at me. The gear is just a hodge podge of stuff off our mule / things to be acquired.

I kinda went with AC > HP/STA > Dex route

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cooshin

(be gentle)
Are you set on war? I’ve done a 100k+ twink build with a gnome who could self 40% haste. Like most melee builds it loses steam in the mid 40s. Unless you have this desire to raid with it eventually.

Cool twink build imo? Mage with thurg robe at lvl 5 or however low you need to be to get it. Their robe Clicky is stupid powerful. The lvl 49 ds mana free which has no level restriction for the Clicky. Good all the way until 60.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Indicolite from PoH is pretty neat.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I have a frost bringer I'd part with for 1/3rd of market rate if you can meet me in Kael.

Double axes to give that 'geared up by raiding a dwarf stronghold' look that any child of zek should rock.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you set on war? I’ve done a 100k+ twink build with a gnome who could self 40% haste. Like most melee builds it loses steam in the mid 40s. Unless you have this desire to raid with it eventually.

Cool twink build imo? Mage with thurg robe at lvl 5 or however low you need to be to get it. Their robe Clicky is stupid powerful. The lvl 49 ds mana free which has no level restriction for the Clicky. Good all the way until 60.
Nah I don't have that kind of monies.

I'm going to revise the magelo a bit and scale down the up front cost. Adding some items I have on mules. Looks like I only need to dump like 7k or so and be off and running.

I'll probably try dual lamentations. I know everyone here says Staff of Battle is amazing....I just like the looks of dual wield I guess.
Last edited by kjs86z; 04-12-2019 at 01:03 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll probably try dual lamentations. I know everyone here says Staff of Battle is amazing....I just like the looks of dual wield I guess.
It only matters if you care about your dps from about 30 to 50 (ie solo stuff). Getting your offhand to reliability swing is about as hard as getting a cat to do tricks before that point. Up to lvl 30 a single lammy or similar fast 1h will out damage pretty much any 2h besides maybe a moss covered branch. You don't need a high dmg weapon to hit 29's so speed wins.

A warrior's DW cap is 210 until lvl 51. It eventually goes to 240. A monk's DW cap is 252 before 50 and after 50 so the rule doesn't apply to them.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It only matters if you care about your dps from about 30 to 50 (ie solo stuff). Getting your offhand to reliability swing is about as hard as getting a cat to do tricks before that point. Up to lvl 30 a single lammy or similar fast 1h will out damage pretty much any 2h besides maybe a moss covered branch. You don't need a high dmg weapon to hit 29's so speed wins.

A warrior's DW cap is 210 until lvl 51. It eventually goes to 240. A monk's DW cap is 252 before 50 and after 50 so the rule doesn't apply to them.
on a modest budget I'd get a venomous axe up till 20, sell it, and buy staff of battle.The staff of battle still has fantastic ratio which will still account for more white hate generation, And it's not just a DPs consideration especially compared to lams as they have no proc. Maybe you meant level 20 and not 30, at lvel 20 is when 2 handers shine the brightest.
Last edited by DMN; 04-12-2019 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

WESS offhand procs at level 1. Ratio isn’t terrible and it has decent stats and ac. If memory serves correctly you fire procs at a static rate even when your dual wield and double attack skills are pathetically low. I could be wrong on that bit. Budget alternative is Skorpikis claw for those crummy lower levels when DW/DA skills are bad. Even with a sub-par ratio your offhand contribution to both melee threat and dps will be bad from mid teens to mid 40s. A single lucky proc from skorpikis or WESS will dish out big proportional hate for those level ranges even after the patch nerf.

Or as mentioned above just go with Staff of Battle.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Thanks for the help, guys. Looks like I can just pick up a cloak of the maelstrom and hope I get lucky with those boss drops in Sky for the ring and shoulders. My weapons aren't that bad, so there's not much I can reasonably do there (Infestation + Frostbringer for aggro).

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you meant level 20 and not 30, at lvel 20 is when 2 handers shine the brightest.
Dammit...you are right. My SK has been really getting use of that Jade Mace now lvl 27. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

levels 1-9 - damage cap is 20
levels 10-19 - damage cap is 28
Levels 20-29 - damage cap is 60

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics
Old 04-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to be strictly accurate, the damage caps are 10, 14, and 30, in the sense that the game caps effective weapon base damage, not actual damage dealt. If you give a Throneblade of the Ykesha to a level 1 character, as he levels it'll count as a 10/51 weapon, then 14/51, 30/51, and at level 30 he'll finally get the full 33/51 out of it. This distinction might seem minor (and in practice, it is), but knowing it will explain why high-strength melee types like Ogres commonly achieve maximum hits for 30+ damage during the teens.

Danth
Closed Thread