Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Remove Agimat's pics?
Yes, make room for pics of my Main modelling every item people want 18 16.51%
No, i enjoy looking at this guy every time I search for jboots, fungi, or mana robe 40 36.70%
Bush/towers 22 20.18%
Removing the pet window was not in the classic time line 29 26.61%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

30 day wiki ban for Azure Guard inc!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30 day wiki ban for Azure Guard inc!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please update that policy Loramin. It seems really silly to not allow images of items to be posted as images would allow the readers to increase their knowledge of the item [subject of wiki article], which is the entire point of having a wiki.
Done: https://wiki.project1999.com/P99_Everquest:Image_Policy

Would very much appreciate feedback if anyone has any.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Actually that URL was kind of dated (they thought they needed to namespace everything in the wiki's early days). I moved the page to just: https://wiki.project1999.com/Image_Policy

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, someone's gotta do it.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would very much appreciate feedback if anyone has any.
Quote:
In general, images of items should not be uploaded to item pages. The primary exception to this are epic weapons or other "special" items with completely unique graphics. Instead, images of items should be uploaded to their corresponding fashion category or categories.
Why not include an image of what the item looks like? Why are "special" items excluded? If we don't want item graphics uploaded to the item page, why not include links to the corresponding Fashionquest page?

Example: I want to know what a "rusty short sword" looks like equipped. I would likely go to the "rusty short sword" page. Hm, no image. Now I have to look through the clunky FashionQuest guide to figure out where it's located. Why not just allow it to be added to the item page?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Meh....didn't look at the wiki pages.

To me at least, people go there primarily to see the stats and location (drop MoB) of an item.

I think the other main reason, is we (humans in general) are people of visuals. We wanna know how things look. If he is just posting to display the look of things, and isn't trying to "plaster posters of himself all over everything" I see nothing wrong with this. Back in the day, the Sears Catalog (I'm showing my age here) only had a handful of models for the entire 1000+ page catalog. They were simply showing what a clothing item looked like when worn.

That being said, if he is replacing an already working photo of someone shown wearing the item, and it's already a perfectly good shot, then that is just egotistical.

Myself? I suspect he has a bet with a friend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

man thanks for all this hard work Agimat good job! we need these updates to our wiki.

I hope that this post makes OP real mad cus Agimat is an awesome player who has helped us all by doing this great community work.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that one of his pics? If so, that is fantastic.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

This guy is a legend. In a good way.
Closed Thread