Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Kobold

Related to FD topic.

I was in Skyfire and pulled a mob. Got an add. Cast FD (SK) and split them. Pulled one back to my pet and killed it then sat down to med and went AFK in a safe place. Came back dead. I had gotten sitting agro from the other mob that had left me alone several minutes ago (long enough to fight/kill the other one).

This was maybe 1 month ago.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2018, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Related to FD topic.

I was in Skyfire and pulled a mob. Got an add. Cast FD (SK) and split them. Pulled one back to my pet and killed it then sat down to med and went AFK in a safe place. Came back dead. I had gotten sitting agro from the other mob that had left me alone several minutes ago (long enough to fight/kill the other one).

This was maybe 1 month ago.
This sounds more like a pathing issue. Splitting higher lvl mobs in an outdoor zone with roamer mobs is sketchy. It is very hard to tell for sure, especially with pathing issues, if you have really lost all aggro or not. This is why you typically have to /q or zone to be certain.

Could be possible that lazy aggro mechanics could cause this to happen in a large outdoor zone also?

As for the static mobs that reset to their spawn and continue to reaggro when you stand up some possibilities:

1. The mob only appeared to path back to its static spawn point, but was actually still roaming due to a pathing bug of some kind (this seems possible).

2. Some mobs don't get blurred when they reset. I seem to recall some mobs in classic that did not ever forget you, no matter what until you zoned or /q'd out. I didn't play a monk on live so I'm not positive if this actually happened, but I definitely recall folks talking about some nameds that behaved this way.

Since FD has changed several times on p99 and there has always been debate here about "how it worked" on live it is hard to tell what is working as intended or is buggy when it comes to FD on p99.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Were you killing in the zone tunnel to OT? Cause the pathing is really buggy there, mobs are frequently stuck under the tunnel and they just can't get you... That is until they just pop up later...
Old 12-28-2018, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had different experience, consistently, from what other people say is fact here. I've had static placed mobs not memblur many many many times.
Did the mobs have pets? I bet they had pets.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:28 AM
Sarnak

also, if you're trying to reset a pet as a necro just calm the mob before you flop it, and you can stand up immediately without getting any aggro, even before it gets home at all. Shoutouts to Butchh for teaching me that years ago
Old 12-28-2018, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
This sounds more like a pathing issue.
Quote:
Were you killing in the zone tunnel to OT? Cause the pathing is really buggy there, mobs are frequently stuck under the tunnel and they just can't get you... That is until they just pop up later...
Yeah, pretty much this. Sucked because the AFK was literally 60 seconds to take a leak, that stuck mob sure had impeccable timing.
Closed Thread