Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
little test I did tonight. Gonna try to finish this one up tomorrow, what do ya think?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First, I'm glad I came here and discovered that I could texture/color the UI background for the transparent portions. Using the transparent ones gave me headaches after a while and that is resolved now.

Second, this is awesome! I hope that you are able to get this look for the rest of the UI elements. I really like it!
Old 10-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

I really love the viewport thing with the velious ui. Have a nice happy medium between the marble and transparent uis with all the windows in the black bars and completely uncluttered 4:3 rendered game. Feels like old times.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Chortles does a great job of keeping the UI looking classic <3

Teaser: I have a custom fix in the works for spellgem holders on my pc in the works guys! Gonna try to lock down this loot window today, test to see if it will work for bags, and then try to lock down my spellgem holder fix and hopefully get all 3 of those done with enough time to test and get in before the 25th (I can promise anything though)

Item backgrounds on the hotbar still not working, cant get pushed buttons working on the hotbar for same reason as I figure item backgrounds dont, titanium is a bitch (not sure if Ive seen a UI with those working properly), but hopefully we can solve those issues down the road.

I know wenai, deezy made lots of little bug fixes this week!

Oh well back to it!
Old 10-19-2019, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars2heaven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second, this is awesome! I hope that you are able to get this look for the rest of the UI elements. I really like it!
Jibartik isn't making that window look that way because there's an intent of making everything look that way. He could do that separately as a different project, but that's not the primary idea here. He's trying to make it look that way because the looting window (like the spell cast bar or bank window) was one of the elements that used the older "stone" texture even in the transparent UI. The transparent mode didn't replace all assets.

Danth
Old 10-19-2019, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

is there anyway to get a horizontal hotkey bar in this UI?

One thing I really loved about the modern ui's was the horizontal hotkey bar. I know this hotkey bar is gone now because it was the 2nd or 3rd or 4th or whatever hotkey bar.... but I'm fine with only having one hotkey bar... but... is there a way to nuke my normal 2x3 vertical hotkey bar and instead get myself my one hotkey bar to be the 6x1 horizontal hotkey bar instead?
Old 10-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there anyway to get a horizontal hotkey bar in this UI?
If you find one, bug report it, because there shouldn't be. The 2x3 layout (or 2x5 with Velious, like on Blue) is the classic layout.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-19-2019 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-19-2019, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really love the viewport thing with the velious ui. Have a nice happy medium between the marble and transparent uis with all the windows in the black bars and completely uncluttered 4:3 rendered game. Feels like old times.
Give us a screenshot of what you have please! I always like seeing what other people do and it gives others ideas and inspiration. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Yep! Danth is correct!

I just tried to convince the team to do parchment item inspect windows (a total custom jobber) but then it was pointed out that in velious, they did in fact have floating transparent insepct windows.

Our rules:
1: if it has transparent window by veliious erra, we are going with transparent window for this UI
2: If it flops you to full screen(that para scoped marble window we love so much but cant replicate yet) upon performing the action, we think it should have custom marble content.
3: where titanium limits us from delivering classic content, we do custom versions of classic art, (Quantity slider for example functions slightly differently than it did in classic, but looks as close as we could get it, same will go for loot window)

But, I don't want to talk about that boring bureaucratic stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I came here because I am extremely excited because after having like many false alarms, meany dead ends, and me figuring that bags were just not ever going to happen.. using the same theory that put loot windows together.. we can now have classic bags!!!

These need to be cleaned up, was just making sure that everything that normally blocked us, wasn't going to block us this time:

Now I'm gonna go polish these up and put them into the test machine.

We're closing in on every marble full screen window being marble for green99! (with attention to the most commonly seen windows first) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Special thanks to Wenai, without his /bonk none of this would be possible <3

BAGS!!!!!
Old 10-19-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Old 10-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Very nice work!
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,