Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default Rabid wolves quest should not award platinum

The rabid wolves quest in North Qeynos given by Priestess Caulria should award only experience, faction and a cast of cure disease - that's all that Allakhazam lists. Rabid Wolves

The earliest few comments on the Allakhazam page (6/00 - 12/00) have no mention of receiving platinum for completing this quest, but do mention that the quest for putrid bear hides from the same NPC does reward platinum.

Quote:
Posted @ Wed, Jul 19th 7:56 AM 2000
Wolf skins sometimes also gets you an Endure Disease spell scroll. Killing a rabid grizzly sometimes yields a putrid bear skin. The Priestess will, in addition to xp, pay 2 plat.
Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Sep 15th 10:32 AM 2000
Doh, the Priestess name is at the top, if I would read first. LOL
I have not gotten the scroll Endure Disease from her for turning in the rabid wolf pelts, although she will cure you (cast cure disease on you).
You do get exp, faction, 1-2pp, and the scroll Endure disease for turning in a rabid grizzly/bear pelt.
Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Sep 15th 10:27 AM 2000
This quest I did to bring my faction up so I as a High Elf Cleric could train in the Temple of Life. Much better than turning in bone chips to Lashun Novashine. I went from Apprehensive to Indifferent with 3 rabid wold pelts (prior to this I had turned in about 20 bone chips to Lashun). However I had a guild member help me track Holly Windstalker and Cros Treewind. For those of you that don't know, Holly and Cros will kill you on sight if you are caught either being attacked by or attacking a bear or wolf. Doesn't matter if the animal is rabid or attacked you first. (Watch out for Tovax also, Nasty Necro NPC that wanders Qeynos Hills, but he's lvl 15ish.)
Rabid bear pelts are great also, plus normally Priestess Clarissa (sp) will give you 1 or 2 pp, exp and I think the spell is Endure Disease, but not sure.
I hope this helps. Journey Safely and Hunt Well
Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Dec 22nd 5:16 PM 2000
This is a pretty easy quest, great for lower levels. You get enough exp to make this worthwhile. Getting rabies from the wolf can be a nuisance, but remember Princess Caulria will cure you when you give her a diseased pelt. I have hunted rabid wolves for the sole purpose of gaining the experience from it. I got exp when I killed the wolf and exp when I turned in the pelt. Im not saying this is the best way to get exp at that level, but difinately worth killing one if you come across it.

The rabid wolves spawn between the guard tower and the entrance to Black Burrow. There is a long valley there and they spawn at the end closest to Black Burrow. Then then trot diagonally across the valley, up over the hill toward the large direction marker. At that level I just liked to hang out in that valley and on the side of the hill, killing the wolves and giant rats. Since I was right there anyways, I was around the rabid wolves spawn.

This is the way, grasshopper.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-19-2019, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

I think you're right about this. From Everlore:

Quote:
4/22/2001

rabbied bears,rabbied wolfs, an flesty orb to the temple of life an , the bear gives you 2pp, the orb gives you 5 gold an nothing for the wolf, but all give you great exp
http://web.archive.org/web/200111160...e=35&id=133820
Old 10-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like there's also a case for a minimum faction requirement for these quests after a certain era.

From that same Everlore link:

Quote:
11/19/2000

It seems that the last patch changed a few quest related things. I was able to complete this quest the day before the patch (both Griz and Wolf) now that the patch went through, if I havd over a pelt, Priestess Clauria says somthing like "Thank you for helping, but we need more trusted members..." Basicly my Necro needs to raise faction from Dubious.. I do not know if this is the case for all quests, but so far i've found 2 that won't work any more...

Muahahaha
Lvl 9 Necro
The patch before his post is this one:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_No...ber_15.2C_2000

Nothing about these quests but of course Verant loved to stealth change.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

FWIW the 100% guaranteed rabid wolf spawn in qhills has been nurfed. other creatures can spawn there now... So at least we won't see this being exploited like it was previously.

Not saying it shouldn't be fixed if its wrong, probably just not as urgent as it was.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:38 AM
Developer

Priestess Caulria will no longer reward platinum for the wolf pelts. This is how I remember it as well. That grizzly wasn't easy.

As far as the faction requirement, the comment below is just past our timeline, but says the faction only prevents her from telling you about the quest. Unless there is evidence that it changed again, I would say that turning in the pelt always worked.

Fixed, pending update.

Quote:
Posted @ Sat, Oct 13th 2:00 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
How do you raise faction with her. I'm apprenhensive and she won't give me the

Posted @ Sun, Jan 27th 9:14 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]
Take it from a fellow Barbarian shammy. She won't tell you about the quest, but if you give her the skins it still works.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020208...html?quest=556
Old 10-24-2019, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
if I havd over a pelt, Priestess Clauria says somthing like "Thank you for helping, but we need more trusted members..." Basicly my Necro needs to raise faction from Dubious..
Quote:
Posted @ Sat, Oct 13th 2:00 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
How do you raise faction with her. I'm apprenhensive and she won't give me the

Posted @ Sun, Jan 27th 9:14 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]
Take it from a fellow Barbarian shammy. She won't tell you about the quest, but if you give her the skins it still works.
I don't see these two posts as contradictory. Barb shamans would be apprehensive with Priests of Life, and necros are Dubious.

Likely it was that the quest was doable at Apprehensive but not Dubious. But she would only give you the quest text at amiable etc.
Closed Thread