Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 09:13 AM
Orc

spend dkp->sell
Old 10-29-2020, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

The answer for maximum wealth in games like this is usually to become a merchant, aka Tunnel Fat Cat. If I'm just trying for maximum platinum wealth, that's the route I would take (its also not what I want to do with my time, so I'm content to have lesser gear and play differently).

No market is a perfect free market; there are always inefficiencies, where people who would be happy buying and selling to each other are not because they don't know the other person is selling or because there is a liquidity issue causing them to be buying and selling at different points in time. Due to the lack of any kind of auction house, EQ has way more market inefficiencies than many similar games that you can be paid to mitigate.

Just like real life, if you're willing to spend your time and effort to address this by maintaining a stock of items and following market trends and doing the work to be a reliably available source of goods, you get to take a cut just like retail stores take a cut on sales between the manufacturer and the consumer.

I took a really different road here than in other games, but I've seen the same pattern emerge over and over in other places. People who are willing to do the boring grunt work of maintaining market liquidity and smoothing price volatility get rewarded way over the people actually making the items.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Do the opposite of this ----> Have multiple alts and twink them all!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Banned

Camp manastones for months without sleep. Or kill hobbits.. heard oot can make big bucks.. made tons leveling off specs but not 500k maybe like 20-30k
Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Power leveling on bard, use to make 30-50k a day. Even with 25 cap it’s profitable since you get like 3 pulls in the timeframe of old pulls.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:33 AM
Banned

if you have tits you can prey on the sexual deprivation of neckbeards with GM powers

(pretending to have boobs works too...its 2020 get on with your bad self and identify as whatever is gonna bring home the bacon)
Old 10-29-2020, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

you sit on it, not knowing what to spend on - or the stuff you could use are too rare in the EC market (e.g. ccom, bio orb, zlandi heart)

once you end up deciding to start a new toon, you won't even consider any mid tier items but only the best droppable, then you realize some items takes forever to buy, hence you end up sitting in EC or forum for months trying to find a seller
Old 10-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you have tits you can prey on the sexual deprivation of neckbeards with GM powers

(pretending to have boobs works too...its 2020 get on with your bad self and identify as whatever is gonna bring home the bacon)
Did that on live 15 years ago as bet with a mate to prove thats all it takes to get free stuffs., Halfing, blonde, blue eyes an tits. one top player guy never did log back on once I revealed who I was. meh.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It just takes time.

Sell raid loot > Sell MQs > Be a 60 Enchanter
You are right about it taking time. However in early Kunark on Green any 60 Enchanter worth his salt will make significantly more plat/hour than the other two methods you mentioned.

In a late age server like Blue then what you said is true.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

so make money off simps? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread