Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Aegis is a nice item. Not worth the faction quest. Clerics are such a one trick pony that it really doesn't pay to go to the effort to get them the nicest items. The most they need to feel whole is Complete Heal, a quick patch heal, Clicky Rez and a few tools for getting around like Boots, SoW pots, WC cap, and Hammer.

If you really want the Aegis, you can kill the skeletons in SK for months on end to farm the faction for the hand-in.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

A couple cheap (on blue anyway) tools to also consider:

Donals Bracer of Mourning

Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven

These 2 tools let you get to so many places, and save you on recharging your Ring of Shadows

-Mcoy
Old 11-11-2020, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Hey Mcoy,
Can you break down how to use those 2 together? Does Atone have a resist rate issue if I recall correctly?
Old 11-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhc3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Mcoy,
Can you break down how to use those 2 together? Does Atone have a resist rate issue if I recall correctly?
The idea is to cast pacify on all the mobs you can't get around while walking through a zone. If a crit fail on pacify occurs, you can hopefully root whichever mobs come after you to keep them off of you. Then you keep casting pacify on the agroed mobs until it sticks. Once all of the mobs are pacified, you mem blur them with atone. You need to get pacify to stick first, otherwise they will just re-agro you after atone, because you are within agro radius.

Nice thing about clerics is if you do end up dying, you can just pacify back to your body and res yourself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2020, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea is to cast pacify on all the mobs you can't get around while walking through a zone. If a crit fail on pacify occurs, you can hopefully root whichever mobs come after you to keep them off of you. Then you keep casting pacify on the agroed mobs until it sticks. Once all of the mobs are pacified, you mem blur them with atone. You need to get pacify to stick first, otherwise they will just re-agro you after atone, because you are within agro radius.

Nice thing about clerics is if you do end up dying, you can just pacify back to your body and res yourself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh nice! That is great!
Old 11-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aegis is a nice item. Not worth the faction quest. Clerics are such a one trick pony that it really doesn't pay to go to the effort to get them the nicest items. The most they need to feel whole is Complete Heal, a quick patch heal, Clicky Rez and a few tools for getting around like Boots, SoW pots, WC cap, and Hammer.

If you really want the Aegis, you can kill the skeletons in SK for months on end to farm the faction for the hand-in.
A cleric used for only rezzing is one thing.

A cleric played as a main character is another thing.

As you can see, a cleric might be the second best CC class in game, behind enchanter. Maybe bards are better, making clerics a close 3rd.

Clerics can do a lot in addition to best heals and rezzes. You're almost convincing me to play cleric again on the next pvp server in 100 years.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A cleric used for only rezzing is one thing.

A cleric played as a main character is another thing.

As you can see, a cleric might be the second best CC class in game, behind enchanter. Maybe bards are better, making clerics a close 3rd.

Clerics can do a lot in addition to best heals and rezzes. You're almost convincing me to play cleric again on the next pvp server in 100 years.
If you want to do a CC cleric, boost str some to wear plate on a high elf, and then grab your tunare root neck.

IMO High elf 105 cha, 110 wis is perhaps the 'power' move as u can eventually get enough ac on there without massive str and get weight reduction bags by velious - u won't have to buff your str and can focus on wis/hp or resists

not having to swap out gear too much is winning at EQ

free 4 second roots = can cc 5 mobs forever - clerics are boss channelers and while we can't tank per say, we don't fold in two like a chanter.

Bards are pretty legit with cc tho, they can even fear multiple mobs and snare, easily, innoruuk snare necklace is NICHE if u wanna fear kite stuff outside and maybe raise melee skills some, absolutely uneccissary by the time u are 42 spectres fold like wet paper blankets

slipping around lower lvl dungeons with lull is quite fun, but no one uses a cleric to farm total newbie only gear, i dont see a vanilla 50 cleric putting FG's on farm like a chanter or necro sadly.

----- One day my human cleric of bertox will have full enchanted gold plate +cha+wis and imbued earings, i think i can grab an aegis even tho I worship bertox. Going to be interesting, Already indifferent for the priests of rodcet nife - bonestunder staff is within reach! - not the kind of gear u want to actually wear for raiding or pvp -

may not be able to hit warmly though.

-----

there is/was a clicky with atone (not in classic or vanilla maybe) but u got to click it like 10-20 times, maybe 3-4 if u are super lucky, i got it to work once in seb long long ago after a failed paci and root (maybe on live in like Pop)
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-22-2020 at 01:22 PM..
Old 11-29-2020, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

I was really disappointed by how good my human Innoruk clerics faction was. Friggen amiable in surefall glade after killing a few gnolls. Totally ruined my immersion but... look like Freddy Mercury so still play from time to time.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:28 AM
Banned

Don’t forget unstunnable casters that are rooted can be feared to interrupt spells too like giants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric is limited by inefficient ways to actually kill enemies, and no mana recovery outside of manastone.

So they aren't ultimate solo players but they remain very versatile.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread