Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 10:57 PM
Kobold

Towards the end of these great threads it always devolves into TLDR walls of text. Why is that?
Old 02-08-2021, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

I just feel like, if I did stick with Red, as an undergeared newbie enchanter I'd spend pretty much all of my time "accepting defeat" against folks that have been there for a decade and are probably leaking MR out of their pores. That wouldn't be fun in the least.

Nowadays I'd rather just be able to play the game. I'll take the competition and occasional verbal disputes over what I described any day. Also, have you tried a soy latte? They can be quite good. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2021, 11:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just feel like, if I did stick with Red, as an undergeared newbie enchanter I'd spend pretty much all of my time "accepting defeat" against folks that have been there for a decade and are probably leaking MR out of their pores. That wouldn't be fun in the least.

Nowadays I'd rather just be able to play the game. I'll take the competition and occasional verbal disputes over what I described any day. Also, have you tried a soy latte? They can be quite good. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough, I get it, everyone has a different mentality.
Haha yes I've tried soy latte, and taste wise it's fine but I avoid soy for other reasons than taste [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2021, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on SZ too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good times. Was my last server before finally quitting Live back in the day.

I remember that server being coined as the "no rules" server by the devs though. Admittedly I didn't have much experience with the tactics you describe but I do remember that the GMs only intervened on the absolute most extreme cases. It's why the level restrictions were lifted in non-newbie zones, with the Fansy and SG shenanigans that were taking place early on. But for the most part, wasn't it basically "anything goes"?

Just a small story, my friend and I back then felt it was our sworn duty as neutrals to make life hell for the evils, who were the dominant team at the time. One of the things we liked to do was make low level neutral dark elves, and suicide ourselves onto the pets of necros that were leveling in the Neriak FQ. They'd lose faction and after a few kills became KoS in their own city. Looking back now I feel kinda bad but we were just dumb kids in those days. xD But that was the sort of stuff that was considered legal on that server if I remember correctly.
Yea Sullon was a no rules server. It also had a no rules message board that had some of the filthiest chat I have ever seen on a video game forum. If people think this stuff is “hate speech” ohhh man they shoulda seen the sullon zek non-official forum back in the day...

Lol I do remember Fansy the legend protecting S Ro with his sand giant friends that sometimes accidentally step on him. Your trick I hadn’t heard of before but is also pretty devious
Old 02-08-2021, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry if this is too late, but wanted to make sure you got this.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2021, 12:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit never happened on Teal.

#TealUN4life
rip to the best server
Old 02-09-2021, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and by the way (sorry to hog the thread)
Does anyone see the irony in the fact that you guys are already engaged in PvP? Just a way more toxic one with words and "lawyers". I would go out on a limb and guess that the toxicity and hatered going on on the blue/green servers can reach much deeper levels than on red server because so much more ego gets involved.

At least on the red server, you can accept defeat and move on to a different zone and leaving no residue in your mind.
Remove the GM lawyers and the ST problem goes away. I've said this for awhile. It also livens up the server because a core part of MMOs is the social aspect. Shitty guilds like ST get trained and griefed off the server without the GMs doing anything. In game is much more entertaining when there are "no rules."

We really need a no rules roleplay server with transferable no drops. Ultimate escape from ST and similar loot drama. Much better social atmosphere with extreme drama between players.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

A Wild West server where might-makes-right and mob rule is enforced by massive trains.

Or, people start behaving like the 40 year old adults that they are.

Tough choice for staff...
Old 02-09-2021, 01:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove the GM lawyers and the ST problem goes away. I've said this for awhile. It also livens up the server because a core part of MMOs is the social aspect. Shitty guilds like ST get trained and griefed off the server without the GMs doing anything. In game is much more entertaining when there are "no rules."

We really need a no rules roleplay server with transferable no drops. Ultimate escape from ST and similar loot drama. Much better social atmosphere with extreme drama between players.

I swear half the people play on this server because this level of toxicity has been legislated out at the gameplay level from modern games, and theres nowhere else these people can still be the Y2K era shitlords that they are and have been for their developmentally stunted existence.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Wild West server where might-makes-right and mob rule is enforced by massive trains.

Or, people start behaving like the 40 year old adults that they are.

Tough choice for staff...
no. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] don't know it until you try it. its amazing. not for the faint hearted wood elf though.
Closed Thread