Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, every single raid guild on Green is proud and lazy. One just has more members than the others.

If any Anti-Seal-Team alliance was put together strictly for 7-day targets, they'd actually win. Like, Seal Team would not beat *everyone else combined* to Trakanon. They just wouldn't. That's my biggest issue with arbitrary GM-Squashing of the Seal Team monopoly: The issue IS resolvable without intervention.

With that said, such measures being necessary is dumb, Seal Team's roster is bloated garbage, and their tantrum is fucking bonkers.

EDIT: And I blame the UN for fostering an environment of "zero-competition" steady growth via rotation. If the UN didn't exist and every guild was getting absolutely fucked by Seal Team, they'd do something about it. Which is why Seal Team orchestrated the formation of the UN to begin with.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Last edited by xmaerx; 02-14-2021 at 09:31 PM..
Old 02-14-2021, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All raids are now GDKP (gold DKP), meaning step 1 is buy 50,000+ gold from websites. Step 2 is get into one of these raids where a core group of raiders carries a bunch of whales through the raid. Then bid your bought gold on items as they drop. The most expensive item I think went for like 185,000 gold or something like that

So unless you buy gold, you will likely never save enough to be able to get any items, and since there are so many GDKP raids, normal guild runs are dying out.
Wow is this accurate? I had no idea WoW was getting into this kind of shape.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

The average WoW player is an idiot and probably young enough that they're well into microtransactions on mobile and console games.

It is sad though. If I was to run something similar I'd do it to prop up a guild bank and those kinds of values wouldn't be as high.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The average WoW player is an idiot
And now there are tons of WoW players on P99 lol

<The A-Team>
Old 02-14-2021, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

P99 isn't exactly a think-tank Mr Swish
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-15-2021, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say implement a betting system. Each guild in contest gets to "bet" on the number of players with whom they can defeat an encounter. Then attempts proceed in ascending order. Guild with the fewest players gets first attempt - if they fail they're locked out of that specific mob til next spawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like, Seal Team would not beat *everyone else combined* to Trakanon. They just wouldn't.
I'll take that bet. How many players do you think you can coth into the lair in the three minutes it takes to down Trak?
Old 02-15-2021, 01:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say implement a betting system. Each guild in contest gets to "bet" on the number of players with whom they can defeat an encounter. Then attempts proceed in ascending order. Guild with the fewest players gets first attempt - if they fail they're locked out of that specific mob til next spawn.
We could even call it a batchall. The freebirth scum will never win.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow is this accurate? I had no idea WoW was getting into this kind of shape.
Yea, I am not exaggerating. Classic's biggest flaw according to the playerbase is that it became completely P2W

There is no more leveling anymore, the newbie zones on all but the biggest servers are empty. There is certainly no one going into low level dungeons as a 5 man. The reason is because mages sell "boosting" services, which is essentially a PL. The way they do it is they take a lowbie into Zul'Gurub (max level raid zonea), and pull about 20-25 elite mobs at a time. Then they hop up and down from this roped part on a bridge, which makes all the mobs path back and forth up and down the bridge but never reaching the mage (if they do they instant kill him). Then the mage slowly AoE's the clump down, which gives the noob char multiple levels. The payment is hundreds of gold per level. There is no point to level traditionally, it's about 500x slower than boosting, and so no one does it

And max level like I said, there is no such thing as a Pick up group raid anymore. They are all now GDKP. And unless you walk into those with at least 10k gold, you aren't going to get any good items. 10k would be what a frugal non-mage (they make more) could have saved in their entire char's lifetime. But because people are willing to spend a few hundred dollars and buy more gold than that from sites, now the economy is ultra-inflated. No one has EVER been banned for buying gold, not even people who brag about it to their friends. So botting to farm and then sell gold is rampant

Blizz does try to ban bots, they do it in waves every 3-4 months. The last wave I heard about hit 70,000 bots. The bans do exactly nothing. The bot armies (most based in china) have back up bot chars boosted to max level with burner credit cards ready to go. And because the ban waves are so infrequent, they are completely and totally ineffective. The bots blatantly fly hack, there's vids of it on youtube. There's no reason not to, there is a skeleton crew of GM's on classic who take weeks to get to any petition. And worst case scenario the hacking bot gets banned and his backup char is all ready to go. At any given time if you go into certain zones you will see nothing but mages, sometimes like 20-25 at once, all mages, with names like "dlwi" and "wjflw". All bots. People take screenshots of it, but nothing is done
Old 02-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way they do it is they take a lowbie into Zul'Gurub (max level raid zonea), and pull about 20-25 elite mobs at a time. Then they hop up and down from this roped part on a bridge, which makes all the mobs path back and forth up and down the bridge but never reaching the mage (if they do they instant kill him).
What a racket! Those wow guys are just shameless. Lol.

Leaving in a pathing exploit 1000s people know about just so they can encourage more RMT to encourage more WoW slavery.

Deliciously evil.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The average WoW player is an idiot and probably young enough that they're well into microtransactions on mobile and console games.

It is sad though. If I was to run something similar I'd do it to prop up a guild bank and those kinds of values wouldn't be as high.
A game that came out over 15 years ago is a strange one to get "these damn kids" grumbly about

Stop projecting