Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck sake, Karens confirmed invading P99

do something brogean!
It’s okay, I already paypaled full and immediate refund, plus interest +15% extra goodwill.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Jimjam making it rain.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:01 AM
Banned

Haven't seen pop over 1k when I check on my play times.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not always true. There was this monk named... I believe "Stick" was his name and some Paladin who used to viciously steal pulls from other camps while harassing everyone in OOC and being extremely aggressive. I had friends complaining about these guys, and had witnessed it a few times myself, as well as having a memory of Stick training people in the Beholder's Maze when he was trying to get the Alchemist or whatever for his quest. The guy was generally bad news, but I had managed to avoid him for the most part.

Well one day I'm in CT, on top of the Pyramid. I had been there for hours. The group down below didn't have SoW, so would periodically go down and I would cast SoW and other buffs on them, and we generally got along with one another. Sometimes I would actually see them taking some of our mobs, but this was when our group was short, so it didn't really bother me. Both groups were very respectful.

This changed when Stick showed up and joined the group down below. Our first two pullers got frustrated and left. The third was more vocal about asking for our help, so as a Shaman I decided to levitate out and help pull. Well, after a while I started to notice that Stick was running up and stealing mobs that I had already tagged. Not just from my camp (which admittedly is up for debate, which mobs belong to Pyramid top and which belong to Pyramid bottom). But the issue was, he was aggressively taking mobs that I had already pulled with my lowest mana cost slow.

So after a few minutes of this, I started using root to pull mobs. I would fly around rooting everything I saw, and then go back to my group and when root broke off, the mobs would come to me. This actually solved the problem, right? No, this monk actually got even more aggressive and it got to the point where I was rooting mobs that he tagged because he was killing mobs I would tag or root. Well this went on for about an hour.

I finally got a message from Blistig asking me why I'm stealing people's mobs, and what not. My group was actually completely dumbfounded by this entire thing because they knew what had been happening, and why I was flying around rooting stuff. It's like these guys filled out a petition, and then started playing by the rules after a GM contacted them, effectively making me look like a jerk.

Which I'm not a saint. I was talking shit back and forth with that Monk, and honestly would probably punch him square in his jaw if I got the chance to, I'm still that mad about it. I even flew down at one point cast resist magic on the Enchanter's charmed pet because they were talking shit to me. I admit that I did that, but I feel like the entire thing was turned into me being this aggressive asshole, when in actuality I just wanted to sit on top of the pyramid, and keep my group healed and buffed. I never wanted a fight with the group down below, and actually was shocked at how quickly some of them turned on me once that Monk joined their group and started a fight with my group. And yes we tried to peacefully communicate with him.

Now, I didn't get in trouble. I just feel like Blistig never believed me, but I really wasn't lying, and have no reason to lie about it like 8 months later, on a game I don't even play anymore. I waited around for like an hour expecting a ban, not much else was said other than the implication that I was being greedy with mobs. I finally alt+f4'd, but when I woke up the next day and logged in I wasn't banned. That was my encounter with him.

Like I actually could have been banned because I'm pretty sure in his mind that I was just running around trying to hog all the mobs and grief players with root, and I actually was pretty malicious with casting resist magic on the enchanter's pet. Definitely could have been banned, but I wasn't. So IDK.
Imagine thinking that people care about what you have to say so much that you write this long of a comment on a forum
Old 03-26-2021, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

I think you can right-click and open up a drop down menu on your chat box.

Click the line which says "Karen".

Then try asking again to speak to the senior GMs and see if that helps.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:28 PM
Banned

I mean, while OP big sad, hes not fully wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2021, 01:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something else probably made up
You're somehow worse than Hurza and that Daniel Day Lewis halfling poster
Old 03-26-2021, 01:32 PM
Banned

Oh it's a one sided problem cuz dey said so. Get used to it.

Need epics or somethin, haven't had over 1k online during my hours. Or people will change their tune and learn to love putting up with the toxic cry bullies.

They love doing it so much they make big dogs do the job of working things out with them for the most part in the "optional" UN discord.

If I have to afk from my molten core raid because you offended the easily offended again, u will regret it asshole. Now if you'll excuse me I'm pushing the timers to the weekends again and will post my lecture on the classic experience later.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Be careful that you don't cut yourself on that edge.
Closed Thread