Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:50 AM
Banned

Default Guide For Camping Crypt As a Solo Shaman

Complete Guide For How To Camp Crypt As A Solo Shaman- also useful for duos/trios/chanters

Intro- This guide is an effort to give back to the community. I've helped many people in Crypt camp before learn the subtleties and they are always very appreciative and I've made a lot of good friends with other soloers in the crypt area. Some of them have even called me the king of crypt after I've helped them successfully learn. So I've spent a lot of time there and know all the little tricks. What works, what doesn't work.

Where is Crypt? Why camp it?

Crypt is a section in the zone Old Sebilis. It's one of the better solo camps in the game in terms of making plat. There are 4 rooms in crypt with PH's. The named spawns all drop something worthwhile.

Hierophant Prime Grekal - Hierophant's Cloak 15k(rare drop)
Arch Duke Iotal - Jaundiced Bone Bracers 12k(rare drop)
Baron Yosig - Lumi Staff 4k(rare drop)
Harbinger Freglor - Box of Nil Space 2k(common drop)

Repsawn time is 27 minutes in Sebilis. As either a torpor Shaman or chanter, it is possible to hold all 4 spawns down and still have 5-6 minutes left over. If you only do 3 spawns, you can have 10 minutes or so of down time. If you do 1 spawn, you will have 27 minutes of down time and that might be appealing.

What's the danger in camping Crypt?

Dangers for all 4 named mobs-

Named mobs flee. PH's don't flee. If your name mob flees into the Golem/Roamer area, I would recommend gating out. As a Shaman with torpor, you don't want to deal with the Golems. They are high HP, high MR and complete heal. They are killable but not worth it. They don't drop anything good. These mobs also break root.

The Golem's also heal the mobs and will complete heal your mobs if you don't space your skelly correctly. *Important* You want to pull the mobs in the room to the furthest corner from the Golem and then the Golem won't heal them.

Slow wears off. I've seen this get quite a few people camping names. These fights can be long. Watch your slow timer. If your slow wears off and you are like 50% HP, your HP can go down very quick.

Danger for specific mobs-

Hierophant Prime Grekal- Probably the most dangerous of the 4. Often times he spams Ice Comet. Regularly 2-3 times in a row. I've seen him do 5 Ice Comets in a row and this could be when you already have high level DOTs on you. Don't underestimate the named Hiero. Even if you do everything correctly, you can still die. My recommendation is to start off rooting him and Torpor yourself ASAP after you've rooted him. If your torpor is up, you should be safe from his DOTs and Ice Comet. He also hastes himself and has a sword that procs a 200dmg rain spell. So it's pretty easy to see your HP go down quick with him. My recommendation is to be patient and keep torpor up until his mana is gone and he isn't cast DOTs/Ice Comet anymore. He casts a blind spell when he's OOM. This is dangerous because he can break root after blinding you and then flee and cause a wipe.

Arch Duke- He can be dangerous too. He Harm Touches and casts DOTs. He doesn't nuke though and his DOTs don't seem to hurt as much as named hiero. I'd still recommend to keep torpor up early on.

Baron Yosig- He's a chump. Doesn't cast any spells. Still watch out for him fleeing.

Harbinger Freglor- I don't have as much experience with him as I often only camp the other 3 but from what I know he doesn't nuke. He casts some nasty DOTs and he will mezz you.

Tips-

Use a Tash stick. They cost 200-300pp and even drop in Crypt. Don't play games and get lazy with the named mobs. Get their MR as low as possible so they don't flee on low hp and wipe you.

Coordinate your longer Disease based DOTs when the mob is 30-40% hp. Then nail him with your higher level poison DOT when he's mid to high 20's. This way you can focus on rooting when the mob is 20% and under and it keeps your DPS strong. Ration your mana throughout the battle so you can do this.

Use resistance gear. It's helpful to have different sets and know your mobs. For example, have your Cold Resistance as high as possible early in the named hiero fight so you can block some of his Ice Comets. Then later in the fight have your MR as high as possible so you can block his blind spell.

This is all I can think of now. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out. I may add to this in the future.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Banned

What do you do if you get trained?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you do if you get trained?
It happens. If you think you have recourse, I would recommend petitioning.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

I've heard that the wiki is a great place for guides ...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Banned

Hiking to crypt.

It's possible to hike from ent to crypt with no help whatsoever. However there are a few tricky spots.

A lot of Frogs 'see invis'. I recommend killing them or rooting them and camping passed them. Get torpor up if they are casters.

The locked door at crypt. You can either get a rogue to open it for you or you can have a mob summon you past the door. To do this you need to 'melee push' them by hitting them repeatedly till their physic is through the locked door. Then root them and let them summon you on the other side. Not that it seems only around 1 out 3 mobs or so will summon in this area. I think the golem and skellies are most consistently high enough leveled to summon.

Moving past the 6-8 mobs guarding crypt. Mix of undeads. If you get some frogs, which you probably will, they will see invis. To get past this I usually start by killing the roamer first then med up. Then I would recommend casting torpor on yourself then rooting 1 which will send 3-4 more mobs right on you. If your torpor is up you should be able to root them 1 by 1 and you'll be okay. Camp past this area to drop aggro when you finish. Then move your way into the 4 room area. Golem's do not see invis but most often the roamer does. Be patient and wait for him to move out of the way.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hiking to crypt.

It's possible to hike from ent to crypt with no help whatsoever. However there are a few tricky spots.

A lot of Frogs 'see invis'. I recommend killing them or rooting them and camping passed them. Get torpor up if they are casters.

The locked door at crypt. You can either get a rogue to open it for you or you can have a mob summon you past the door. To do this you need to 'melee push' them by hitting them repeatedly till their physic is through the locked door. Then root them and let them summon you on the other side. Not that it seems only around 1 out 3 mobs or so will summon in this area. I think the golem and skellies are most consistently high enough leveled to summon.

Moving past the 6-8 mobs guarding crypt. Mix of undeads. If you get some frogs, which you probably will, they will see invis. To get past this I usually start by killing the roamer first then med up. Then I would recommend casting torpor on yourself then rooting 1 which will send 3-4 more mobs right on you. If your torpor is up you should be able to root them 1 by 1 and you'll be okay. Camp past this area to drop aggro when you finish. Then move your way into the 4 room area. Golem's do not see invis but most often the roamer does. Be patient and wait for him to move out of the way.
I find the pet is really helpful for breaking the 6-8 mob room. He usually dies in the process, but he keeps a few mobs busy while you're trying to root the rest.

Also /cough wiki /cough. PM me if you have any questions, but it's super easy (1. go to guides page, 2. edit and add a link to [[Your Guide Name]] 3. save, then click your link, 4. edit that page and add the guide).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:55 PM
Banned

Thanks, I actually had that thought about the pet but forgot to include it. I usually don't find it necessary but if there's more than 2 mobs that will harm touch, that will scare me a bit and that's where I'll summon pet, torpor him and send him in.

I will make this a wiki guide but there's some more I want to add in and see if anyone wants to throw in some more of their 2 cents as well.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will make this a wiki guide but there's some more I want to add in and see if anyone wants to throw in some more of their 2 cents as well.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread