Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing Everquest
Old 12-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Banned

On live back in 99/2000- at 14/15 years old i somehow managed to talk business on trading accounts with another person in EC tunnel. The account I traded for had a druid as the main, and he had a mana stone. I was young and didn't understand this games mechanics really at all. Long story short, i traded that mana stone for a robe of the ishva cause i used to think that robe was the shit.... Soooo that was dumb..
Old 12-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

I was saving up for an item and was super close to having enough to purchase it back when I was a kid on live. Just needed to sell one more item, but was having a hard time. found an interested party, but all his money was on one toon and he wanted the item on his current one. little alarm bells flew in my head and I was liek, "yeah, no." took him a good half hour or more to wear down my bulwark of skepticism and get at my overly agreeable nature. i handed him the item and predictably he did not return to pay me. the injustice infuriated me and I harassed him along with broadcasting his treachery to every zone I visited for months, until one time I happened upon him in pot. this time it was apparently his brother piloting the toon. he apologized profusely and handed me an item from his in entity that was worth liek 5x the value of what his brother had swindled from me. was pretty cool and impressed upon me the vital importance of persistence, slander and truth. also accidentally left off a zero from an item in another game and managed to convince the buyer to sell it back to me at a 10% mark-up, which wasn't bad considering it was only 1% that item's value. that was a long conversation.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Banned

I had a best friend growing up and he never liked playing the game. What he enjoyed, instead, was scamming people. Kind of disturbed me he got his kicks from this. And he was obscenely good at it. He would tell me these plans to get people to fork over their user name and password and I never thought they would work. But they would indeed work at an incredible rate.

I remember the first one. He invented some ranking system that had the name of an EQ God in it. Then he would have people message the ranking system(which he made a character account for) writing their username & password and idiots would send their username and password right over. I couldn't believe it but it would work like over 50% of the time.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

skipped a step in the eyepatch of plunder quest and turned it in too early. Nalot ate my stuff and I was sad
Old 12-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebas239 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only three things really come to mind, all of which were minor setbacks but not game changing.

1) I sold my Crystal Chitin Armplates to a vendor by going WAY too fast. I clicked through a bag onto my equipped arm slot and hit sell. I realized I was doing it right as I clicked. Couldn't get it back from the vendor after sinking in about 500pp (I sold it to a widely used one), so I just ate it.

2) Drop transferred about 2k worth of gems/items and they were gone when I came back. Not sure if someone took them or they rotted.

3) Never trained forage on my druid and got to 60 with all my skill points spent. To this day I am unable to attain it.

Thankfully, I've never had anything else lost on a drop transfer or on one with someone doing it for me. I've probably been lucky but I also haven't attempted with anything more expensive than a fungi (and commonly, the items aren't even near that value).
#3 is ouch rofl - have you got your Epic? MQ'D?
Old 12-27-2018, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#3 is ouch rofl - have you got your Epic? MQ'D?
Yeah that one IS especially painful
Old 12-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Sold a guildmate a COF for half price because he needed the upgrade (and attended the ixi I won it at).

They resold it out of guild 3 days later for full price.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Aviak

I played live from the very start on Povar and attended the first ever Halloween event in Rivervale. I was piloting my trusty dwarf paladin, I believe I was sub 20 at the time and can't recall why I was in Kithicor, but boom, the call went out and everyone rushed in to aid Rivervale as it was being invaded by Dark Elf NPCs. It was a bloodbath. There were bodies everywhere, all of the mobs involved conned RED to me, and I was of little use. The Dark Elves were crushing and the GMs rushed to restore balance. There were smiting down Dark Elves left and right...but for some reason the corpses weren't disappearing right away. I told all of my IRL friends to stop fighting and to try to lock some corpses.

BOOM! First corpse unlocks, but it is some crap weapon comparable to Fine Steel. Eventually I happen across this...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Obtenebrate_Claymore

The event settles, everyone was excited to take part, and my friends and I started taking inventory of the items we gathered. Everything was total JUNK, minus the sword I grabbed. No one knows what to do with it. I spent several days in Greater Fay, we didn't use EC tunnel on Povar, trying to move this thing for something my crappy low level paladin can use. I didn't even know what I wanted as I didn't even know what was out there, being so low and so new. A friend does some research and says hey, there are a couple of Ghoulbanes on the server, they are the BEST paladin weapon, and you want it. I was like HELL YEAH! So, I requested a Ghoulbane and bit more for the claymore.

Finally, someone bites! They offer me a Mithril BP, some cash, and a Ghoulbane for the claymore. I am stoked! One problem, the Ghoulbane is on an alt. He convinces me that all is well and eventually wears me down. I trade the claymore for the Mithril BP and like 1500pp, which was a good amount at the time. He says he will log on the alt...never does. I add him and his alt to friends, rarely see them, but over the next year and a half, every single time they log on, I harass the shit out of them. I damned their names to everyone that would listen. Eventually, I quit live a bit after Kunark came out, paladin only ever made it to level 54, and after ALL of the time I spent playing that character, I never did get a Ghoulbane from that dbag.

Never. Again. Ever. will I trust anyone like that.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sold a guildmate a COF for half price because he needed the upgrade (and attended the ixi I won it at).

They resold it out of guild 3 days later for full price.
On EQMac had a guy beg me to buy an AoN for what was dirt cheap. Promised black and blue he wouldnt resell it.
I gave in and sold it to him...within about an hour he was trying to sell it for market value.

This was near the end of EQ Macs life span when all the shitter came over and ruined the server.
Last edited by White_knight; 12-27-2018 at 09:21 PM..
Closed Thread