Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 12:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The scene/situation: My first toon on eq was a gnome magician. Keep in mind I never bothered to look at all the character race or class options.

2-3 hours into my first play session and about 4 disconnects in due to my brother picking up the phone line (dial up) I found myself lost in steamfont. It was night and nearing eq dawn. Just as the sun was coming up I was greeted with my first ever sighting of an ogre.

It was another player so he didn’t con kos to me but I still didn’t know how to tell the difference between an npc and a pc. I cautiously walked up and hailed him. He slowly turned and proceeded to say “Mmmm nummy gnome blud IM GUNNA EAT JOO!!”. I turned tail and fled in a random direction. This guy chased me for the better part of 15 minutes. I tried hiding behind objects to no avail. I was lost.

All through the zone others were apparently watching this ogre chase a random naked gnome around in big circles. I managed to find the lfay zone line by accident. He followed and I took off left following the zone wall. In the end he chased me right into the dark elf camp where I died. I got disconnected again due to a phone pick up.

When I managed to get back into the game steamfont ooc was full of people (including that ogre) making fun of the naked gnome running all around the zone screaming for help being chased by an ogre.

I deleted that toon and didn’t log in for a few days.
hahha this was the best one
Old 12-31-2018, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Way back in the days of live my buddy quit and told me I could have his account with his rogue on it. Excited I logged on and started pillaging his bank and cleaning it out. A week later I found out I had deleted all the things for the final turn in for rogue epic. He was not happy and I was bummed.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-31-2018, 01:59 AM
Kobold

Started EQ when I was 12. Mained a Druid named Jerok. One time my group was in trouble and I was supposed to evac everybody out, we were in Mistmoore, little did I know my evac spell was for me alone, so I ported my butt out of there and the rest of the group died. It was a random group, rather than face the cold hard truth I just unplugged my computer and didn't log on for a couple days.

I let my friends younger brother play, he created a Dark Elf female, proceeded to trick this dude that he was a girl and cybered him and got a bit of free stuff out of it. I guess that's not dumb, more dumb on the dudes part.

My brothers helped me quest for the Tunare necklace that casts free root. It took all day and it was my coolest item I had. The very next day I was in Thurgadin doing some recipes in a smith or pottery thing or something, and I wondered what happened if you put a no-drop item in the thing. I saw my Tunare necklace was no-drop. If you could transfer no-drop items like this, and I was the first to figure it out, that'd be pretty cool right? I put my Tunare necklace in.... and thank goodness, I chickened out. I took it back out and tried with some other item and it disappeared. I thought about how much time it too my brothers to help me get the necklace and how angry they would be if I had destroyed the item the very next day.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:26 AM
Kobold

Deleted a puppet string in an empty bag.
Closed Thread