Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Banned

Default The Fellspine Mystery

Which was the siren's grotto seahorse that spawns the fellspine at a higher rate?

This something I've been intrigued and asked about a few times over the past couple months but never get an answer. This is my last shot, asking directly.

I believe a couple guys noticed after server resets a certain spot spawns fellspines more, they farmed the hell out of spiked seahorse belts and it got nerfed.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Banned

Here are some questions.

Does he only spawn in 1 spot?

If he spawns or spawned in multiple spots, was it a case of one spot spawned him at a much higher rate than others? I've never known another mob to work this way but I suspect this is how Fellspine worked.

I've seen people say the Fellspine PH was past the waterfall area. Then I've seen people say they've seen Fellspine in the first group of PHs right when you enter from CS.

I've seen people who think Fellspine only spawns from one PH. I don't think that's right but I can't be sure.
Last edited by Teppler; 02-23-2019 at 09:08 AM..
Old 02-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Kobold

I got him several times on live. I don't know about here, but on live he was always the mob that pathed back and forth from the waterfall area to the ZI ledge. I never saw him in any other spot.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Fellspine on p99.

First hand empirical information:

I've seen him up at several different spots. Always instead of a regular seahorse. I've only seen him up after a server reset, I've never seen him pop on a respawn while hunting there.

Speculation:

I believe it works like Shellara Ebbhunter in Kedge; most but not all seahorses can be placeholders. No more than 1 Fellspine can be up at once. Its chance to pop are probably 0.01% instead of 10% like in the case of Shellara, or something ridiculous like that.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 02-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Banned

After doing some research I think I have a good idea for how he works on p99, his history and what is happening right now with him. Had a very interesting PM chat with someone about fellspine.

Here's a question I still have. Has anyone ever seen a fellspine in the opening area on p99? Not live. P99. Let me know if you are 100% sure.

Quite sure he's different on live compared to p99.
Last edited by Teppler; 02-23-2019 at 11:22 AM..
Old 02-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

What would live have to do with p99 SG anyway... SG is a zone that went thru a major revamp. Which hasn't happened on p99 (and I don't think does on p99 timeline)
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

I have only ever seen and spawned, Fellspine in one spot. Have spawned him there back to back and multiple times in one sitting. I have NEVER seen him anywhere but this one spawn point !
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Old 02-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

I mean just bring a char who can be factioned and observe a farmer
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have spent a boatload of time in SG farming neriad shawls, gems and Fellspine. After literally thousands of seahorse kills I have only seen him spawn in 1 particular spot from 1 particular seahorse PH. I find it hard to believe that he can spawn in other places under normal circumstances (killing), but people swear they've seen him elsewhere on server repops.

The spot where he spawns is extremely difficult to reach if you're not a Rogue, but several times a week I see Enchanters using well known, not-so-legitimate tactics to solo him.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Submitted by: Anonymous On: 9/23/2001 12:40:35 AM
My group have been farming Fellspine for months now and since last patch he haven't been spawning anymore. It is highly possible that Fellspine have been removed. It used to spawn below the tower connected by 3 bridges. There is an alcove underwater where a single seahorse is parked there. Very prominent so you can't miss it.

Relle Guises
Tholuxe Paells

Cloris Natureheart
Brell Serilis
Closed Thread