Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:33 PM
Aviak

Default Help Linking an Old Account

I am wondering if the community could help me out with a dilemma I am having regarding changing a password for an old account made in 2009. Perhaps I am just not see or understanding what I have to do.

Here's the story:

1. I created an account back in 2009 when the server initially opened. I played for a few months and then went inactive.

2. I recently felt the urge to play EQ again and wanted to pick up from where I left off. Since it has been several years, I synced some EQEmulator accounts from 2007 thinking one of them was the account I played p1999 with. This wasn't the case.

3. Through petitioning I was able to recover my account name and was able to log into the server select screen. Thank goodness I remembered my old password!

4. After selecting the server and clicking on "Play Everquest!" I received a message stating that my account was suspended. When researching the forums it looks like there were some problems with my old guild IB. Furthermore, other posts have indicated that several accounts were suspended due to association with the guild. I never received any account warnings/suspensions/bans during the few months I played and have assumed it was due to being in the guild. I basically just went inactive.

5. Server petition mentioned that I would need to change my account password to verify I am the owner of the account.

6. I do not see anywhere on the forum website to add an old account so that I can do this. I don't think there was the option to link your forum account to the server account back in 2009.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? I am hoping I'm just dumb and someone could point me in the right direction to add my account so I can change my password??

This feels like something that could be done in 2 seconds but this whole process has been about 2 weeks for me.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dartagnan
Old 07-22-2018, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

Likely you were linked in some way to RMTing transactions. The odds of the GMs being able to do the detective work necessary to clear your account after 8 years are slim to nil. Good luck - but I'd recommend just rerolling.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Likely you were linked in some way to RMTing transactions. The odds of the GMs being able to do the detective work necessary to clear your account after 8 years are slim to nil. Good luck - but I'd recommend just rerolling.
I don't see how I would be. Petition process seemed to indicate that as long as I changed my password my account would be unlocked.

Assume that an old account wasn't suspended though. How would someone link their account? I think that is where I am confused.

I don't see any option to add an account. I see how one can link an EQEmulator account or create a brand new account.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Petition down in the petition subforum, if you ever let anyone else log it in for any reason it could be linked to that RMT ban wave from years back...100s of accounts were guilty just by association.