Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Skeleton

Default adding patchme in eqgame.exe with windows 8?

downloaded client and extracted new patch files from v33. when i click on launch titanium i get the "can't find eqgame make sure it is spelled correctly message. i'm reading int he forums to fix this you just launch it with eqgame.exe but you have to add patchme to the end and quotations around the first part. when I click on properties it doesn't have an option to change the target line and add the patch me. in fact it doesn't even say target line, it says object line. dont know if this matters i am running windows 8 and this is the third time i've re installed. also i've tried duxa's all in one and installer and it tells me it's restricted access (or something like that). any help would be appreciated looking forward to playing, thanks.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:46 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

General:

It sounds like you have your Project 1999 Everquest installation in the "program files" folder. I highly recommend clicking your EQ folder once (don't open it, just select it), pressing Ctrl+C, then go to C:/ and hit Ctrl+V to paste it into C:\ (so it will now be c:\everquest\eqgame.exe)

This is important because you have UAC (User Account Control) turned on. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have but it causes problems running games that are install there (when UAC is on, they are restricted and not able to copy data sent to the user's PC from the server).

You can always just turn UAC off (most power users do) by accessing your windows login accounts. Do a help search for UAC or user account control using the windows help database for full instructions if you are having trouble.

If you choose not to diasble UAC, you must move your install out of the program files folder. Again, you don't have to completely re-install - copying and pasting the directory works fine as well.

Without DUXA:

You need to first create a shortcut. The easiest way to do that is to simply right click - > send to - > desktop (Create Shortcut).

Once you have your shortcut created, you'll find the target line right away. Add patchme to the very end of that target line, and you'll be good to go.

With DUXA:

As far as Duxa's goes, you'll need to make sure you run it as an administrator. To do this, right click - > run as adminstrator. If you don't have that option, right click the icon - > properties, then click the compatibility tab, and you'll see "Run this program as an administrator" .. Check that box and you should be able to run the program.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Skeleton

Thanks!! works great now and i have the game up and running!