Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Skeleton

Default enchanter CHA talk

So, Started my character 3 months ago and he's lvl 24 (not much playing time lately) gnome enchanter, worshippes brell serilis and went all int on creation.. i've been reading that Cha is pretty important to get above 200 and my base CHA is 75. Are there enough items in the game to get my CHA to 255 or should i re roll. HIE's have 20 more starting CHA and 25 more if you put it in at creation so i'm starting with a 45 CHA deficit. Will i still be able to max CHA? or is above 200 sufficient? Is 200 to 255 really any difference? part of me just says i'm thinking to much into this but me and my brother 25 druid atm, want to do some dungeon crawling and challenge ourselves as to what named we can kill at higher lvls so your thoughts? thanks for any feedback
Old 11-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

The intelligence part you can get over with. The religion part may drive you crazy though. Good faction with everyone is a great perk as an enc but with your religion even in evil illusions those cities will still hate you.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

IMO 75 base charisma is a major problem.

The effect that charisma has is hard to measure but it definitely effects an enchanter's success. Starting at 75 doesn't mean you can't reach 200, but it does mean that in order to reach 200 cha you are going to have to sacrifice something else - that something is going to be hit points, pure mana and resists.

Most enchanters have slots that they equip hp gear like Djarns rings or 55hp rings, or black sapphire neck. You are not going to have that option if you want to have decent charisma.

Coupled with the issue of having chosen a god rather than agnostic I would be pretty tempted to re-roll a different race and be agnostic. Gnome enchanter = no thanks imo.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

I regret not going max charisma with my starting points. I still hit max with my gear, but I would much rather drop a slot or two here and there for HP gear.

Would recommend going max cha with starting points. INT is a secondary stat, CHA is easily your most important IMO.

..and I'm not agnostic and have had zero issues, so I wouldn't put too much stock into all that.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Reroll

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Gnome can see through walls, but every enchanter can use the illusion to have that advantage. Tinkering is unique but not really useful to an enchanter.

Dark Elf gets hide which is somewhat useful for charming because it can be used to break without having to have a spell slot. However, goblin ring can easily take the place of that without having to sacrifice 10-20 charisma. Gnome & DElf are the least optimal choices by a decent margin.

Humans have 5 less starting Cha than HIE but 20 more Str. Meaning you can farm a lot more coins / carry things. This is a pretty serious boost to quality of life if you ask me.

Following the solo artists threads it does appear that maximum manapool CAN be important when it comes to squeaking out victory while going after big game solo and humans have 17 fewer Int points than a HIE. but 10 more STA so a minor HP advantage. The difference is going to be about 90 mana more for the HIE and 20-25 hp more for the Human given equal gearing @ 60. The 5 cha difference isn't likely to come into play at all.

An erudite is 10 points behind HIE in Cha but 15 points ahead in Int and has 5 more str/sta. Erudite will want to put 5 points into agility to have 75 though so the HIE can catch up on 5 points in one of those three categories because of it.

It's a toss up IMO between Human and HIE. That 90 extra mana could mean getting a root + gate off before going OOM. But that 20-25 HP could mean surviving one last attack round before your mez goes off. I'd argue the mana is a tiny bit more important.

Ultimately, do you want fractions of a % better odds of surviving a situation because you can squeek out one extra spell or do you want life to suck a whole lot less by not having to worry as much about getting to a merchant/bank every 30 minutes?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 11-07-2014 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

I thought I would regret not putting the 5pts into agi on my erudite but in reality you'll always have augmentation in a pinch. Also your loam boots (which you'll basically use to grey suede/Velious) will carry you through.

Baalzy had a very thorough analysis. I'd say too tier is HIE and ERU. The difference in charisma is quite a bit when you compare against the "lesser" races. Choose wisely.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Don't put AGI into an Erudite int caster - I'd go Eru over High Elf and roll CHA heavy. You will get the 5 agi from gear, and even the 70 agi AC penalty when youre nekkid isn't the worst deal as you have the ability to calm, aoe stun, aoe mez, etcetc. Human Enc is a rare class/race combo and thinking about it it isn't too awful, however you want your CHA and INT nice and high.
Last edited by Tuljin; 11-07-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old 11-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Fire Giant

Erudites also have +5 MR naturally.

Erudite master race.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:17 AM
Banned

my experience with the enchanter is its so fricken OP that any race with any stat is going to be fine by the time they are 50.. +/- 30 cha or int, youll have way more of either one of those stats to get you through like any situation you can get yourself into pre-velious.. post velious, I'm sure loot will be able to do the same, but I dont know as Ive never played that expansion.
Closed Thread