Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Go for it, I'd give it a try. Don't be discouraged by the scum on these forums, creating something different like this has potential. If you're really passionate about it perhaps it will be successful. I think the overall EQemu community is looking for something new to try.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

astuce, that alignment idea is really good! I think hard alignments are probably better for a PvP server, but I really like your idea for a PvE server.

Your idea about Rogues having a chance to interrupt with thrown attacks is really good thinking - these are the kind of mechanics that games need for greater combat depth. I actually feel that Rangers should be the masters of that, by interrupting with bows. Would definitely be something I'd want to implement, if I had time to improve the EQ combat system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No logic is better than bad logic.

The curse was upon their minds not their bodies. The lore even states that they only forgot things, but they remained just as strong.
Warriors need to be more than just strong. They have to understand battle tactics and they need to understand the arts of wielding weapons. Hence why most heroic figures win fights by outsmarting or outmaneuvering their opponents. Brute force isn't what makes you a master swordsman.